Pricing vs MSRP on Custom Order F-350 July 2022

GetOutThere!

I'm seeing new trucks listed for $20k OVER MSRP at dealerships.

I'm seeing used trucks with 80,000 miles for selling for same price as MSRP new.

If I custom order a new truck from ford- can I expect everyone to charge me over MSRP- or is this crazy pricing for people who "must have it now!"

Also- local dealer told me I cannot even order a new truck till September and expect 6-12 month lead time. Is that in line with other's experience.

Dealer also told me I can get Tremor in 8 foot bed- which I can't seem to validated anywhere.

Info appreciated. I want a new truck- but I can't justify above.

ripperj

Explorer
Hard to what’s going on. I’m half baked looking at getting rid of my truck camper , but then I don’t need the 3500 longbed.
Car Max cash offer is only $2500 less than I paid last November(12,000 miles ago) (not counting tax and title etc.

KBB is saying it’s worth more than I paid out the door. (And I bought it cash(no trade), so full tax.
I don’t believe any of it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tacollie

Glamper
Ford is super behind right now. I had heard they weren't currently using orders. Ford-trucks.com under the 2017+ section has a lot of talk about good and bad dealers but you'll have to sift through a some BS.

The market is really skewed right now due to lack of inventory. I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Riversdad

Over on the Ford Tremor forum they're talking about 7 months or more to get a truck and even having orders cancelled or come in missing items that were paid for. I got lucky and ordered mine a few months before this mess started and paid 6k under msrp and got the truck in about 4 months.

Explorerinil

Observer
Ford is super behind right now. I had heard they weren't currently using orders. Ford-trucks.com under the 2017+ section has a lot of talk about good and bad dealers but you'll have to sift through a some BS.

The market is really skewed right now due to lack of inventory. I don't see it changing anytime soon.
Ford closed the order books for MY 2022 in march, they are retooling for the 2023 redesign and the order books for them open up in early October possibly late September. You can’t just order a vehicle whenever you want, it depends on order banks, dealer allot,ents, etc.

Explorerinil

Observer
Over on the Ford Tremor forum they're talking about 7 months or more to get a truck and even having orders cancelled or come in missing items that were paid for. I got lucky and ordered mine a few months before this mess started and paid 6k under msrp and got the truck in about 4 months.
Some orders were cancelled if their allotment of those particular equipped trucks were built, if you were lower on the list, you lost your place. Some trucks shipped without certain portions, but you get a voucher to get them installed later.

sn_85

Observer
Look up Granger Ford in Iowa. I think they're doing 3% under invoice on Super Duty's. They're still dealing with wait time and build issues like all Ford dealers but at least they're willing to deal without giving you a run around on price. You email them your build preference and they give you an upfront price at 3% under invoice, no hassle and no haggle. Granger RAM also does 4% under invoice on custom orders.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Look up Granger Ford in Iowa. I think they're doing 3% under invoice on Super Duty's. They're still dealing with wait time and build issues like all Ford dealers but at least they're willing to deal without giving you a run around on price. You email them your build preference and they give you an upfront price at 3% under invoice, no hassle and no haggle. Granger RAM also does 4% under invoice on custom orders.

They’re 2% on Super Duty’s, but Ford has already closed the order banks for 22’ MY. Doesn’t matter what dealer you go to you can’t place an order for a Super Duty until the order banks repopen later this year (Sep-Oct if we’re lucky.) Typically September, but they’re very far behind right now. It’s all speculation at when right now.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Long bed Tremors are not an option unless it’s new for 2023. I’m typically a long bed guy, but I had to go short bed specifically for the Tremor this time around. If you just want a Tremor suspension it’s a 350 single rear wheel Spring pack with different coils and shocks up front. By no means anything fancy, but it does give it a bit more level stance. Not level by any means though.

If I was doing it again I’d probably skip the Tremor package, and go back with a 7.3, 4.30 gears, FX4, F350 single wheel long bed Lariat and add the suspension myself. I went Tremor this time around thinking I could leave it alone. I’ve already got a few Carli boxes piling up in the garage, and I have no intentions of leaving it alone now lol I’d have been better off skipping the Tremor pack and throwing the extra cash at goodies. That said I love the truck.

Oh and by going FX4 I’d lose the Torsen LSD and crawl modes which are pretty cool. I could always overcome the Torsen with an ARB or Ox locker, which are considerably more useful IMO though. Can’t help the crawl mode, but a little bit of driving knowledge can go a long ways.

Attachments

• CE295BBE-AD9F-430A-9851-C69E4E68828A.jpeg
    CE295BBE-AD9F-430A-9851-C69E4E68828A.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 25

Klutch7

As mentioned above, ordering for the 2022 model year has ended. Ford has not yet released the 2023 Super Duties with their refresh publicly. One of the SD Facebook groups has a thread where October 17th seems to be the consensus for 2023 order banks to open.

I just went and saw my 2022 ordered truck at the dealer yesterday. I ordered it 3/23, it was built 7/2, and was at my dealer on 7/17. Others I've talked to have been waiting on their orders placed last year. It is a crapshoot, but options ordered and dealer allocation definitely play a role. I have access to one of Ford's employee pricing plans, but the dealer I am working with doesn't seem to be charging over MSRP on other trucks. Again, its very dealer-dependent.

Alloy

2022 production is suppose to run until Dec 2022 then 2023 Job #1 is Jan 2023. "If" that happens it will be 18 months to get our F450. Our plans for the truck are fading so we may or may not reorder a 2023 in Oct.

It won't surprise me if there's panic ordering in Oct. A few hour delay getting an order in might equate to a month in delivery.

The mistake I made is orderding from a large dealer that was overselling ($5k below MSRP) thier allocation vs. paying MSRP at a smaller dealer.

Both dealers told me 6-7 months. The smaller dealer showed me thier order/delivery times while the larger dealer told me they had enough allocation. I didn't push hard on seeing the data from the larger dealer because $5k is $5k. Now we may loose the $5k when the truck is reorderd in Oct. 2023.

Turns out the larger dealer was overselling hoping to get more allocation from FORD which hasn't happend.

I've also heard production is taking a toll on quality control. That's another reason we may take a pass.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
The current state of things is pretty much exactly why I bit the bullet and bought my current camper/truck combo used as a package, even though the F150 underneath is maybe "underspec'ed" for the load.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
2022 production is suppose to run until Dec 2022 then 2023 Job #1 is Jan 2023. "If" that happens it will be 18 months to get our F450. Our plans for the truck are fading so we may or may not reorder a 2023 in Oct.

It won't surprise me if there's panic ordering in Oct. A few hour delay getting an order in might equate to a month in delivery.

The mistake I made is orderding from a large dealer that was overselling ($5k below MSRP) thier allocation vs. paying MSRP at a smaller dealer.

Both dealers told me 6-7 months. The smaller dealer showed me thier order/delivery times while the larger dealer told me they had enough allocation. I didn't push hard on seeing the data from the larger dealer because $5k is $5k. Now we may loose the $5k when the truck is reorderd in Oct. 2023.

Turns out the larger dealer was overselling hoping to get more allocation from FORD which hasn't happend.

I've also heard production is taking a toll on quality control. That's another reason we may take a pass.

I know 450 allocation is different than 250s and 350s, so this may be apples to oranges. I ordered my 250 in October, and received it in May. I was told January or February delivery, but I knew going in that I wouldn’t be that lucky. I ordered a Tremor with Lariat Black package and gooseneck prep pack. All 3 of those were extremely high demand and low supply. I could’ve dropped to a Lariat without the black pack, gone FX4, and added a B&W ball after the fact and knocked 3-4 months off my wait. I did order from a large dealer and ended up slightly more than $9K off MSRP. I got mine at invoice pricing as of October 21’. MSRP climbed 3 times since then until I picked it up. My invoice pricing was $5K below MSRP at the time of order, and $9K at the time of delivery. They didn’t want to honor it, but they did.

Explorerinil

Observer
As mentioned above, ordering for the 2022 model year has ended. Ford has not yet released the 2023 Super Duties with their refresh publicly. One of the SD Facebook groups has a thread where October 17th seems to be the consensus for 2023 order banks to open.

I just went and saw my 2022 ordered truck at the dealer yesterday. I ordered it 3/23, it was built 7/2, and was at my dealer on 7/17. Others I've talked to have been waiting on their orders placed last year. It is a crapshoot, but options ordered and dealer allocation definitely play a role. I have access to one of Ford's employee pricing plans, but the dealer I am working with doesn't seem to be charging over MSRP on other trucks. Again, its very dealer-dependent.
I purchase fleet vehicles as part of my job, I was told by ford, “late September to october for 2023MY order banks to open’”.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior