Pricing on a 1993 Dodge 250 diesel

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
It's interesting how markets vary across the US, my brother has a 89 CTD reg cab auto 4wd 80k miles bought from original owner with window sticker. Iowa farm truck for sale in Iowa with little interest from Craigslist ad. Wants 5500.

The problem for your brother is that his truck is a None Inter-Cooled 5.9 Cummins Turbo Diesel. There's not much interest in the 1991.5 and older None Inter-Cooled 1st Gen trucks.

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
That’ll be a hell of a truck. I’d rather have an older diesel with no emissions crap and relatively easy to fix vs one of the newer diesels. I LOVE my 98 12 valve

I'd like your front suspension though. Mine isn't terrible and should ge better once I make some repairs and upgrades.

It's interesting how markets vary across the US, my brother has a 89 CTD reg cab auto 4wd 80k miles bought from original owner with window sticker. Iowa farm truck for sale in Iowa with little interest from Craigslist ad. Wants 5500.

If he's selling it, that truck with 80k could fetch a very good price where I live, depending on current condition of course.

tatanka48

goto NADA and look up the AVERAGE TRADE IN VALUE

that $ number is most often all an insurance company would give you if someone else ran into you ending up totaling it

at the same time ask your insurance agent for a ball park $ number they would pay you if you total it

the answers to these questions and an honest written cost for repairs by a mechanic you can trust would be necessary before i would ever consider any vehicle in a situation like this

both my grandsons have/drive diesel Rams(total of 4 over the last 6 years) and i drove one back in the 90's (all 5 - 4x4's)

the basic engines haven't caused any problems BUTT the peripherals are weak

GOOD LUCK W/ YOUR QUEST

T

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
So far I'm loving driving the truck. Finding a few more things here and there that'll need attention one day - the ashtray has a broken mount, the grille is either broken or needs clips on the passenger side. But, I discovered today that it has power mirrors, and they work! It's weird, but I kinda like driving it more than my 2016 Tacoma.

Last edited:

yfarm

Observer
The above ad is not his. Told him to renew the ad. I will say that for the blue trucks age, that amount of rust is minimal for Iowa trucks of that vintage. It still has a box.

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
Sporting the family truckster styling with this thing. Found out my front bumper has little wings for storage! And it fits into compact parking spaces?

Also, changed my air filter today. Photos for comparison with the new filter. The old one was heavily caked in some sort of thick gray/black grease as was the inside of the air intake tube running to the turbo. Those paper towels are that filthy on both sides and were only part of what it took to clean everything. After reassembly I noticed that the intake tube doesn't seal as tight against the filter housing as I think it should either and not sure if that will cause any issues?

Attachments

• unnamed-4.jpg
    unnamed-4.jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 10
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    702.4 KB · Views: 10
  • unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    748.5 KB · Views: 10
  • unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg