Pricing Advice for FG

SuperVan

Forager
It's really hard to justify that price when you are talking about the truck that caused Mitsubishi to exit the US truck market! I would look for a pre-2008 or go all-in and get one of the EarthCruiser 4x4 Chevy/NPR conversions.
That’s a stretch. There were several other reasons, with greater pull, that changed the route of Mitsu’s marketing plan for the medium platform. If you have a source that points to your statement, I’d love to see it. As for the years that had repetitive issues, that started for the most part with the 2012’s. I think that’s when the Duonic transmission came into play as well. 08-10 are the last of the manual trans rigs. I spoke quite extensively with a Fuso tech and he said that seems to be where the trouble all began. Definitely go 2010 or older.

BrianBee

Thanks everyone! Yeah, I passed on the 2012. I've been hearing too many horror stories, especially on the 2012... I'm on the search for a pre-emissions FG. I'm in California so I'm not sure if I'll have issues with emissions regs... From what I understand, it's ok as long as it's registered as a rv. However, I'm not sure how to stay legal during the actual camper build out.
I'd love the CORE NPR but $100k for just the vehicle is way out of my price range. I'm hoping to stay around 60-100k total. The goal is to do a diy build out of the TC box
Hopefully I'll join the Fuso owner's club soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94