*OFF THE MARKET *Price drop-2018 Earth Cruiser EXP turbo diesel, Boulder, Co. $239,000! 10th Anniversary Edition *OFF THE MARKET*

thinairathlete

ThinairAthlete will probably provide a definitive reply soon, but I’m pretty sure this truck has a stock Fuso limited slip rear differential and either a torsen-style or open front differential. We’ve had two EarthCruisers - our first had the LSD rear and open front and our current has the LSD rear and torsen-style front. Personally, I would prefer either of these to true lockers given the weight of these trucks, the power output of the engines and the characteristics of the transmissions. With our current configuration (LSD rear / torsen-style front) the distribution of traction has never been a problem.

Howard Snell
Thanks Howard, I dont have consistent internet connection. Factory limited slip in the rear and the optional Torsen in the front. You are correct, traction has never been an issue and this setup shines in the desert and on the beach.
30487.jpeg

Last edited:

thinairathlete

I will be back in Colorado mid February and be able to show and drive this extra clean, turbo diesel Earthcruiser to anyone who is interested. If it is diesel you are looking for, this is the one!
36997.jpeg

thinairathlete

Sweet. PM me your location if interested, we’re heading down there for five months this fall in our rig. Would love to hoist a beer and pick your brains on your decision since we’re interested in doing the same.
Hey man. I might be able to get up from Durango for a look-see. Bob 3 oh three, two oh four, 6 2 two 3 Let me know when you get back.
Will do. I will give you a call. Clarence

Chris Oppold

Two questions if I may?
1.) Still for sale? ( I think it is , but just checking to be sure)
2.) Can the composting toilet be replaced with a cassette version? ( and I mean by EC not by me)

gregmchugh

Observer
Two questions if I may?
2.) Can the composting toilet be replaced with a cassette version? ( and I mean by EC not by me)

If you look at the photos, there is an external cassette access door already installed and there are the rails in the bathroom floor for the sliding mechanism for the cassette toilet. Seems like the truck was built to support a cassette and probably ready to do a swap to a cassette without any major changes. Just my guesses...

thinairathlete

Two questions if I may?
Yes, it is still for sale. Make an offer! It would be an easy swap for a cassette. It had one in originally. We got tired of emptying every other day or so and adding chemicals. The composting toilet is cleaner, and is emptied every 2 months or more. Definently an upgrade now that we have had both.

thinairathlete

If you look at the photos, there is an external cassette access door already installed and there are the rails in the bathroom floor for the sliding mechanism for the cassette toilet. Seems like the truck was built to support a cassette and probably ready to do a swap to a cassette without any major changes. Just my guesses...
Thanks for replying. I am off grid and only on about once a week! Clarence

thinairathlete

Make an offer on this 2018 Earthcruiser EXP 10th Anniversary edition turbo diesel. 140,000 miles of bumper to bumper warranty left. This great overlanding truck has nearly every option and is ready to hit the road or trails. We have moved out of the states and the truck sits in Boulder, Colorado. I will be back mid February to mid March to spend time with family and show the Earthcruiser to a few interested parties. Thank you to Earthcruiser Overland Vehicles for the inspiring photo!
FB_IMG_1581365051509.jpg

Make an offer on this 2018 Earthcruiser EXP 10th Anniversary edition turbo diesel. 140,000 miles of bumper to bumper warranty left. This great overlanding truck has nearly every option and is ready to hit the road or trails. We have moved out of the states and the truck sits in Boulder, Colorado. I will be back mid February to mid March to spend time with family and show the Earthcruiser to a few interested parties. Thank you to Earthcruiser Overland Vehicles for the inspiring photo!View attachment 566556

Gosh, selling such rigs seems like a full time endeavor. Every couple of posts you mention "interested parties"... Here's wishing you that the "interest" converts to a cashier's check

thinairathlete

Thanks! Full time travel is a dream of many but getting to that point and understanding that a midsize truck like this is ideal is a process. We traveled full and part time in a Defender 110 for years. While it was a simple vehicle and quite economical the real life fact is that there are challenges being exposed so much to the elements, not having a full time kitchen or a made up bed to crawl into at night not to mention heat and cold relief. The Earthcruiser is a perfect size, small enough to get down narrow foriegn streets and light enough to go off road and negotiate miles of sand. It will sell in time, maybe soon, I have a couple offers on the table. Thanks, Clarence

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior