Pressure cooker

Porkchopexpress

if you're spending a lot of time camping you get pretty intimate with what's going on with your systems - my last one I'd usually be fully charged before noon - once that happened it was time to try and use up as much solar as possible, otherwise it's wasted - charge all the things! make ice!
Once my camper is built out and I get a few miles behind her, I hope to have that problem.

Mccaf

Adventurist
Just checked in here….. wow. Overlanders should check out
Afghan pressure cooker
This thing is amazing! I got one last year ( 6.5qt- many sizes available) for me and the wife. This size can easily can fit 3lbs of meat and veggies. Does the best on many foods, I love chuck roast or whipping up some dry bean concoctions. Goes directly in the camp fire or on the stove burner. I’m not pimping for them but the proprietor is open for questions and so on. You tube it! I never leave home with out it on trips. My mother used a pressure cooker but I was chicken to try one old fashioned ones but these are very simple to use First saw it on @ovrlndx, thanks Marco!

Last edited:

frans

Adventurer
Just checked in here….. wow. Overlanders should check out
Afghan pressure cooker
This thing is amazing! I got one last year ( 6.5qt- many sizes available) for me and the wife. This size can easily can fit 3lbs of meat and veggies. Does the best on many foods, I love chuck roast or whipping up some dry bean concoctions. Goes directly in the camp fire or on the stove burner. I’m not pimping for them but the proprietor is open for questions and so on. You tube it! I never leave home with out it on trips. My mother used a pressure cooker but I was chicken to try one old fashioned ones but these are very simple to use First saw it on @ovrlndx, thanks Marco!
Neat product thx! Just sent an email to them because most are out of stock. Maybe COVID :(

Ragman

The resurrection of this thread is very timely. I just posted a video on my YouTube channel using the GSI pressure cooker to make a Green Chile Jambalaya. I talk a bit about it and the recipe is pretty dang good so check it out if you are interested in seeing one in action.

Last edited:

PlethoraOfGuns

Adventurer
I have a Ninja Foodi pressure cooker/air fryer. Love it! If the sun is out and I got power to burn, I'm cooking something in it. In reality, pressure cookers don't use lots of electricity. Very efficient way to cook off the grid when power is somewhat limited.

dasfrank

I have a Ninja Foodi pressure cooker/air fryer. Love it! If the sun is out and I got power to burn, I'm cooking something in it. In reality, pressure cookers don't use lots of electricity. Very efficient way to cook off the grid when power is somewhat limited.

I was thinking of picking up a Foodi for my truck camper but was concerned about the power consumption. Do you know how many amps it consumes while running?

PlethoraOfGuns

Adventurer
The cooker doesn't use full power all the time. It's hard to say because it's always changing while it cooks. Like when you pressure cook or sous vide, it takes a lot of power up front to heat everything up, but tapers off and uses very little power the rest of the time. Pressure cooking is actually a very efficient way of cooking, using much less power overall than cooking something conventionally. Air frying seems to use the most juice. Some examples of amp hour use:

Air frying chicken tenders=44ah
Baking casserole=21ah
Pressure cooking ribs=18ah

Reactions: WVI

TwinStick

Explorer
Old thread, I know.

I'm thinking about getting an Afghan kazan. It is a pressure cooker designed for outdoor use over flame or coals.

There are videos of this in action on YouTube.

Lol, just saw someone else already posted about it. Oh well, carry on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles