Prescott to Seattle in an ARB Jeep Wrangler

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
No matter which way you take you will be somewhat limited in your explorations by weather. Inland higher elevations will have snow pack and coast will have rain/mud which means some roads will be closed/impassable. I think NV would be your best bet for dirt and out of the way places.:)

MattScott

Approved Vendor
No matter which way you take you will be somewhat limited in your explorations by weather. Inland higher elevations will have snow pack and coast will have rain/mud which means some roads will be closed/impassable. I think NV would be your best bet for dirt and out of the way places.:)

Eh, not to generalize the area, but I'm a bit sick of barren desert landscapes—rain sounds perfect even if it means sticking to pavement a bit more.

In other news, I'll be adding some snowshoeing to the mix around Bend.

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
Eh, not to generalize the area, but I'm a bit sick of barren desert landscapes—rain sounds perfect even if it means sticking to pavement a bit more.

In other news, I'll be adding some snowshoeing to the mix around Bend.

Well in that case. I would take 101 north from SF to Crescent City, then 199 to Grants Pass OR. Then north on I5 to Roseburg. Then take 138 over to 97 and north to Bend. On 101 you will get to see Redwoods and 199 goes along the Smith River which is one of the most beautiful rivers in CA before it goes into the Illinois River valley which is a pretty cool place too. Look up who the Smith is named after, that guy sure got around. You should be able to see some really cool falls along 138 on the Umpqua that time of year, its an awesome wet drive. Bring rain gear and dress in layers, it won't get too cold on the coast but will probably be wet. I would say take the Lost Coast Loop but will most likely be too wet that time of year. I grew up in Humboldt County Ca so if you need any more ideas for that area let me know.

scottitus

We, our offroad group at gitout.com would love to run a trail or two through the Portland metro area as you pass through. What are the tentative dates you'll be in the metro area?

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
I just realized this is a different Jeep than the one I saw at the Northridge open house. I wanted to see the storage/fridge set up and thought it was in that Jeep you're driving. Just remembered that the one I saw at the open house was matte black and on 37s. How many damn Jeeps does ARB have? hahaha

Ziv

Observer
Hey Matthew

I've lived in Bend for the last 18 years and would be happy to show you around.

If you need a place to crash, my couch is a proven sleeper with a herd of friends, relatives and couchsurfers willing to testify to it's effectiveness. I also have a recliner that has extensive experience. I believe it's fabric is made from recycled Ambien capsules that were hand spun on the thighs of virgins and woven by Simón Espinal, but I could be wrong …

I also take a few photographs every now and then:
www.greggzivney.com

Hope to meet you when you pass through. Enjoy your trip.

Ziv

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Consider it mission failure if you do not spend at least two days exploring the Olympic Peninsula.

A circumnavigation is in order, turn left at Olympia and proceed to the coast. Take a legal drive on the beach near Moclips (major photo ops). Hit the 101 North, do the loop around Lake Quinalt (major photo ops), take a hike through the only temperate rain forest in the lower 48 (major photo op), head up 101 through Forks (of Twilight fame) to Sol Duc hot springs, continue around 101 to Bremerton and take the ferry over to Seattle. I'm sure I'm missing some highlights but you get the picture, you will not be disappointed with the OP!!!

Bridges in Aberdeen has good steaks. And the Lake Quinalt Lodge is a good place to stay if you enjoy rustic history ala Roosevelt.

Last edited:
Matt, I will be on my Skifari skiing at Mt Hood Meadows on the 22, Mt Bachelor on the 23 Squaw Valley on the 24. Then Basing out of South Lake Tahoe Skiing resorts in the South Lake area for the rest of that week. Sure hate missing the meet up at Elliot Bay Brewery, great place. No Hotels until South Lake just ski bumming the way down.

Mike

MattScott

Approved Vendor
Consider it mission failure if you do not spend at least two days exploring the Olympic Peninsula.

A circumnavigation is in order, turn left at Olympia and proceed to the coast. Take a legal drive on the beach near Moclips (major photo ops). Hit the 101 North, do the loop around Lake Quinalt (major photo ops), take a hike through the only temperate rain forest in the lower 48 (major photo op), head up 101 through Forks (of Twilight fame) to Sol Duc hot springs, continue around 101 to Bremerton and take the ferry over to Seattle. I'm sure I'm missing some highlights but you get the picture, you will not be disappointed with the OP!!!

Bridges in Aberdeen has good steaks. And the Lake Quinalt Lodge is a good place to stay if you enjoy rustic history ala Roosevelt.

I didn't know you were such a Twilight enthusiast Doc...

Seriously reconsidering my plans to spend more time in the OP.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
The first two days of the trip have been fantastic, a few forum members and I decided to go and run the Mojave Road.

Here's a little sneak peak of the front page feature for next week.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
I didn't know you were such a Twilight enthusiast Doc...

Seriously reconsidering my plans to spend more time in the OP.

I've never watched it but it made Forks infamous, go drive the 101 loop and you'll be glad you did. The rain forest is a must see!

Containerized

Adventurer
I have an idea: Delay for a bit and come to Seattle around the second week of June and then you can convoy with us up to the Alaska Rally. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior