Prep

Kgh

Let’s go already!
We are beginning the real prep for an overland adventure. Short term, I keep working and we take trips as we can around Europe. Long term, we just hit the road.

Currently sitting (or getting in the way being 'helpful') at Mehari offroad store here in Darmstadt.

http://www.mehari-offroad.de

Howling Moon Stargazer 1.4 and annex going on Rhino Racks crossbars on the back of the Defender. While I wait, I am browsing a great 4x4 shop, with all kinds of goodies I want! Ridgid lights, sleeping bags, fridge freezers, winches...I could damage my bank account.

Also have a bunch of stuff from other vendors at home, it is installation and minor repair weekend.

Pics to follow.

Last edited:

Kgh

Let’s go already!
Tent!

Brand new out of box. Howling Moon Stargazer 1.4. Was not looking for this model. As I never thought about looking out the roof. But for dry summer nights it should be good ventilation.
image.jpg

New Rhino Racks crossbars and feet. One of the screw heads stripped out, but Mehari guys gave me a spare.image.jpg

Mehari crew finishing up the installation. Great work, guys!
image.jpg

Kgh

Let’s go already!
Other items

We also picked up a new fridge. Our ARB is in Florida, would cost too much to ship over, so...

image.jpg

image.jpg

The store is packed with great gear.

image.jpg

Left their shop, drove two miles to grab some food, and came across this great looking rig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne