Preferred photo hosting site? Photobucket no longer cutting it....

v_man

Explorer
What site do you guys like for hosting photos? I'll take free sites but I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks a month either....Photobucket was perfect for 2006 , but now it's slow and I'm reaching my data limit . Can you use google photo to imbed pictures ? I tried copying the link they give you but the photo won't show up in the post ...

I see some trip reports where the photos are so crisp , they don't look compressed at all , how do I get that?

Theoretician

Adventurer
I did some research a couple of years ago and chose SmugMug for my photography, although sharing into forums isn't a high priority for me. As a test, see if the image below pops up:

Kerensky97

Xterra101
Now that Picasaweb is dead and Google+'s photo pages have crap options I've revitalized my Flickr account. I don't do direct posting to forums very often so more of a place I can publish edited jpgs directly from Lightroom to later download and post whenever needed online. But I noticed under sharing they have a BBcode option for direct linking.

20160718-7180138-HDR.jpg by Dustin, on Flickr

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I use imgur, works great for me. I like that I can upload full resolution pictures and then select the size I want to post.

verdesardog

Explorer
I use photocamel.com
It's not really a photo hosting site but they do have member gallery pages where you can up load unlimited number of photos and copy and paste into other forums like this one....

daddy_s_girl_frame.jpg

WininUtah

Adventurer
I've been with Fototime for years, costs $25.00/yr. It's really been flawless, easy to post from, easy to catalog my albums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior