Prebuilt Campers for a Cab and Chassis?

darkostoj

Wondering if there are any companies out there that build campers that can bolt onto a Ford F550 Cab and Chassis?

Looking at building a dedicated overland rig and picking up a new F550 Cab/Chassis with the Diesel & 4x4.

Was wondering what companies out there make a camper I can bolt onto the frame?

Every time I search for anything my search is flooded with earthroamers and other style vehicles for like 300k.

Thanks!

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
The XP Camper/Nimbl offerings also are relatively "bolt on".

If you want crawl-through/pass-through, you're now into custom build territory. There are a number of composite camper builders who have "standard" packages, so you could maybe buy something pre-fabbed (maybe fabbed for YOU) and then handle the cut-outs and surface mating yourself?

boogie944

Wondering if there are any companies out there that build campers that can bolt onto a Ford F550 Cab and Chassis?

Looking at building a dedicated overland rig and picking up a new F550 Cab/Chassis with the Diesel & 4x4.

Was wondering what companies out there make a camper I can bolt onto the frame?

Every time I search for anything my search is flooded with earthroamers and other style vehicles for like 300k.

Thanks!

I am trying to see whether I can make this a viable business. Making fully fitted out boxes overseas for F550/RAM5500 or Isuzu NPR/NPS & Fuso and deliver to US port. Would you be looking at a bare box or with everything in it?

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I am trying to see whether I can make this a viable business. Making fully fitted out boxes overseas for F550/RAM5500 or Isuzu NPR/NPS & Fuso and deliver to US port. Would you be looking at a bare box or with everything in it?
There are several companies with a great reputation that tried that in the past. They all kind of gave up as duty and shipping of assembled boxes increase the price by a huge margin. Then there was the issue about customer service and onsite support.

Zuber

For those truck types, I think the most flexible is to mount a light weight flat bed with under bed tool boxes. Then you have a blank canvas to mount a camper. There are many, many flatbed mfgrs. that cater to these trucks and will build to custom sizes.

I started with a RAM 2500, a Protech 7x8.5 ft aluminum flatbed and then had All Terrain Campers build a custom sized shell for me to finish. The finished weight was very low and I had tons of room. The camper comes off in 20 minutes and then you have a truck again.DSCN0414 (3).JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles