Pre-Emission Full-sized Trucks

adventr

Adventurer
I have the 2007 Silverado "Classic" (pre-smog) with the LBZ. I love it. I've added H2 wheels and larger BFG A/T tires, leveled it and a larger fuel tank (Aerotank 52 gal). It's got a Flipac and in this virtually stock from it has done the Mojave Road with ease (granted, not a real challenging trip). With the larger tires and drag from the Flipac and real heavy right foot I get 13 mpg day in and day out. I have a relatively low mileage unit at 200k but that is going to be true of ANY <2007 diesel.

How much ground clearance did you lose with your 52gal fuel tank? I would love to have that kind of range on mine.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I have the 2007 Silverado "Classic" (pre-smog) with the LBZ. I love it. I've added H2 wheels and larger BFG A/T tires, leveled it and a larger fuel tank (Aerotank 52 gal). It's got a Flipac and in this virtually stock from it has done the Mojave Road with ease (granted, not a real challenging trip). With the larger tires and drag from the Flipac and real heavy right foot I get 13 mpg day in and day out. I have a relatively low mileage unit at 200k but that is going to be true of ANY <2007 diesel.

I don't know if you've seen this: https://sinisterdiesel.com/i-189642...mpnLdemwrd-DazPDhu_j73BErBZimakkkJBoC3lrw_wcB

The shop I use r&r's Duramax injectors fairly frequently due in their opinion to insufficient filtration. This appears to be an inexpensive effective way to extend the life of your injectors.
All the common rails can use the cleanest fuel they can get.

F350joe

Not even. i picked up a 2000 7.3 with about 170k about a year ago and no problems whatsoever. You pay more for a pre emmision 7.3 than a later model 6.0 for a reason. Finding one that has not been worked over is the hard part but they made a million of them so you can find good ones. Found mine in AZ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke