PowerTank 5lb propane tank bracket review

rnArmy

Adventurer
Any other options to this mount? I just got a 5lb propane cylinder (same one as in video above) and am looking for a mount for my trailer. I know they make fire extinguisher mounts that'll fit an 8" diameter cylinder, but I think the latch might be too far up from the base to secure the tank.

gunsandgearnetwork

I would figure out a way to just make your own. Get yourself some 3" wide bar stock and bend to an L shape. The figure a strap to hold the bottle. One like in the video with a gun lock cable to secure it should work just fine. Like I said in the video knowing what I know now I would not buy one at the price listed.

Trikebubble

Adventurer
AT also makes a 10 pound tank holder, which I have. It is rock solid. I'd recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat.

krick3tt

Adventurer
I fine it interesting that many want to spend twice what the tank costs to hold it. Doesn't ring true.
Making one from a poiece of strap and using a clamp to hold it makes more sense, cost less in the long run.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I fine it interesting that many want to spend twice what the tank costs to hold it. Doesn't ring true.
Making one from a poiece of strap and using a clamp to hold it makes more sense, cost less in the long run.

Not everyone wants to or can make up some Rube Goldberg tank mount.

rnArmy

Adventurer
And there is this one, but it says for a 7" diameter cylinder. The fire extinguisher it is designed for is 7.25" diameter. My 5lb Propane tank is pretty much exactly 8" in diameter (I measured). The strap looks lower on this one; I need it at about 6.5" in the center of the strap up from the base of the mount for it to securely hold the tank. I really don't want to spend $100 to mount a $50 tank to make my trailer look all exposexual (I saw that term on another thread recently).

1547093069977.png

Last edited:

robert

Expedition Leader
Yeah, that doesn't look very secure as it comes. I think I would spray the inside of that bracket with bed liner and maybe put a thin piece of HDPE on the bottom; I'd also add a strip of thin rubber to the inside of that metal strap.

I've seen at least one bracket that had notches in the base for the bottom ring on the tank to sit in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles