Power Wagon: Video, Pictures and Love

TaderzNgravy

I've been thinking about buying a new power wagon in a few months so I've been doing a lot of research. I thought about doing what some of you said and buying a diesel and building one myself. I changed my mind after looking through the power wagon section on dodgetalk.

Here are two major differences between a regular 2500/3500 and a pw.

1. The power wagons come with wheels that have an internal beadlock.
2. The power wagon frame is part number 55398868AC and the frame for both the diesel and the gas 2500 4x4 RAMs is 55398813AC.

Quoted from a member over there

"Many of the PW owners do know that. It becomes evident the first time you ever see a 1500, reg 2500 or diesel flex to the max. The bed almost touches the cab. Ours stays the same distance fron the cab (bottom & top) when sitting still in a parking lot or flexed to the max with a load. Ours have more cross frame supports as well, which even makes it stronger/stiffer yet."

Saiyan66

Adventurer
I am curious now about the PW wheels having an internal beadlock. Anybody have more info on this or some pics? I was under the impression that they were just standard forged aluminum wheels.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
I still prefer the ugly old one with the uncomfortable interior as opposed the the really ugly new one with slightly better interior

I still prefer the really old beautiful ones with the really spartan, uncomfortable interior!

:coffeedrink:

PWwoodyblue.jpg

TaderzNgravy

I am curious now about the PW wheels having an internal beadlock. Anybody have more info on this or some pics? I was under the impression that they were just standard forged aluminum wheels.

I cant find any pics. From what I've read, the wheels have a raised ridge inside them to help keep the bead in place, but it is not as good as a true bead lock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles