Power to bed

So I have searched and got answers to so of my questions and changed the way I want to set things up. I have asked this on another forum but want more input. I have a Tundra with a Switch pro. I want to run a 12v outlet to the bed (none exist on tundra) to run a fridge (probably dometic 75, 7A draw) and I want it controlled by switch pro. On my switch pro I have 2 spots open, both are 35A (2 wires each) The outlet I want to use is this https://www.genesisoffroad.com/12vpoweroutlet-p/171-12v.htm
20A fuse. to run the 7A fridge. Will this work?

The short of it: Can I connect the 2 wires rated at 35a to the 20a outlet to power the 7a fridge without shorting things out or blowing things up? Eventually I may either add dual battery or possibly portable battery box, but right now I want to get battery power to bed. Thanks for all help.

dreadlocks

is it just me or does 7A seem unreasonable for a fridge? My Engel MT-80 might not have a fancy app for it, but it uses 3.6A.. and dont have a pesky LVD thats going to ruin all yer food when your battery is fine.

shade

is it just me or does 7A seem unreasonable for a fridge? My Engel MT-80 might not have a fancy app for it, but it uses 3.6A.. and dont have a pesky LVD thats going to ruin all yer food when your battery is fine.
Probably 7A to cover compressor startup.

I'd ditch the lighter connection and use Anderson PowerPole.

jpgolf14

To address your actual concern. You fuse to protect your smallest gauge component. Foruntatly this is very easy with the switchpros. The app allows you to set the current limit for each output. So set the current limit to 20A for that channel and you are good to go.

Thanks for the input, I'm looking into the Anderson power poles instead of cigarette outlet. As for the fridge electrical stuff I'm probably not looking at the right stuff on the spec sheet. it has DC input of 7.9 A and consumption of 1.30 AH/h but that's why I ask, I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing
@jpgolf14 Thanks for that recommendation. I will definitely do that.

Photobug

Consider the second battery either in the bed or a portable battery box. I have a full sized truck with a carpet kit and have a spare battery in the bed. I charge it at home and use solar to keep the battery charged on the road. I don't have a fridge.

Unless you upgrade the underhood battery in your Tundra, it is a starting battery and not suited to long term running of a fridge and might cut out each night for voltage protection. You will still need to bring power back to the bed or add solar to get more than a day of fridge power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne