Post your tents

TexasIsHome

Smittybilt Overlander Std. Spending Christmas in the Ozarks.
27566112209_40ee135413_c.jpg

38465425645_dde98aac6c_c.jpg

vartz04

Adventurer
Taking the 3 year old “camping”. Had a nasty storm blow through which ended the “camping” trip early (only because of him the RV-2 didn’t have a drop of water in it in the morning. )

b86300602539c12806b8e422f85f4775.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky j

Explorer
Taking the 3 year old “camping”. Had a nasty storm blow through which ended the “camping” trip early (only because of him the RV-2 didn’t have a drop of water in it in the morning. )

Was he scared of the strom?

vartz04

Adventurer

Was he scared of the strom?

Nope. It just woke him up and he wouldn’t go back to sleep. He loves thunder

motoboss

Bad Influence
Question for the collective.
Does anyone know of a solid shell RTT, like a Autohome, mounted on a, for lack of a better term, ground level trailer. The Wife and myself do not want to climb a ladder to hit the sack and really like the ease of use in a pop top style tent.

I'm thinking of a Autohome Magnolia mounted on a small utility type trailer or landscape trailer. We could store equipment and camping accessories in the trailer with the tent on top. When deployed it would be nice to have the tent entry at or near sitting level with easy entry and no ladder climbing in the middle of the night. Basicly the floor door at about knee level.

Anyone built such an animal ? Any ideas? Any photos? Any manufactures?

vartz04

Adventurer
Question for the collective.
Does anyone know of a solid shell RTT, like a Autohome, mounted on a, for lack of a better term, ground level trailer. The Wife and myself do not want to climb a ladder to hit the sack and really like the ease of use in a pop top style tent.

I'm thinking of a Autohome Magnolia mounted on a small utility type trailer or landscape trailer. We could store equipment and camping accessories in the trailer with the tent on top. When deployed it would be nice to have the tent entry at or near sitting level with easy entry and no ladder climbing in the middle of the night. Basicly the floor door at about knee level.

Anyone built such an animal ? Any ideas? Any photos? Any manufactures?

Get an oztent then. Solo it’s less than 5 mins to completely stake out. With someone and rushing I bet you could do it in two.

motoboss

Bad Influence
Are you really looking for an oztent here @motoboss ?

Thanks for the oztent head's up. But not what we're looking for. We have several tents presently. We want a hard shell pop up, like the Autohome units for sleeping and using the trailer to haul goods and supplies.
We have an enclosed room addition for our ARB awning and need the ability to haul camping gear outside the XJ, hence the trailer. I'm thinking a 4x6 utility trailer with support frame for the pop up tent just tall enough for access to the trailer bed. Even if we have to use a small step stool to get in the pop up at least it's not a ladder,
Thanks

Attachments

• outline-magg-airland-min.png
    outline-magg-airland-min.png
    140.9 KB · Views: 44

motoboss

Bad Influence
Thank you, I want a fiberglass shell RTT but I like the enclosed box idea. Going to try to use 15 inch tires to match the Jeep which will probably require a drop axel to save height. Not building an off road rig just fire trails and gravel roads along with miles and miles of back road tarmac.
Thanks

vartz04

Adventurer
Thank you, I want a fiberglass shell RTT but I like the enclosed box idea. Going to try to use 15 inch tires to match the Jeep which will probably require a drop axel to save height. Not building an off road rig just fire trails and gravel roads along with miles and miles of back road tarmac.
Thanks

Yeah it’s just the box. Put whatever tent you want on top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online