Post your tents

wesclimb

Cool! How do you like the Nomad? I wondered why we don't see more of their fold over type tents.
I love my tent, I have slept in in a bunch and it is super roomy and comfortable. On the way to Wyoming we had a wicked storm blow through and there was no flapping, the stability was really amazing. I would highly recommend it, the only issue I have is how to orientate it so it doesn't interfere with my awning. The only option is to the rear, which is fine as this provides shelter while using the back of the truck.

wesclimb

I think just due to cost and a lack of information from them regarding the tent. I was looking at their website earlier but they had four basic pictures, no videos and started showing hard shell rtt pictures near the bottom. It really looked like they didn't give a damn about what they were selling. Easier for people to buy other soft shell tents and know what they are getting for cash.

On that note if wesclimb were to toss up a video of the tent online. He'd be the only one that could give a updated, decent overview of this Nomad tent.

I would love to put up a video, but I fear that is beyond my capability. What I will say is that this is my first RTT and I love it. I mostly use it for just me, as I run a lot of trail races (ultra-marathons) and it is super easy to set up, even when you are tired, it also stands up to weather really well. I would highly recommend it and although expensive compared to other soft tents, the craftsmanship is topnotch.

Patrollife

Explorer
I used to run a Tepui and ARB RTT but I sold them and returned to ground tents. Picked up a Sierra Designs 2P Divine Light for solo trips + 1 dog and the Marmot Limestone 8P tent for when I want more space for a queen size air mattress, 2 dogs, and a sitting area inside the tent.

e207003b98d1241a34dae27b8d0a3272.jpg

3066af1493421758fd06b875b93f3504.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lionix1

Smittybilt to see if my wife would enjoy it. She loves being up, but won't be doing that again. Poor Qc, seems fraying, miss-drilled pole, ripped mattress. They are good with the warranty though. Ill use it til it starts leaking then get a CVT or Tepui. Still lots of fun.
c24a12db32d56c6a4333b00bec1a2c59.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Mccaf

Adventurist
Probably overkill for us these days is this 4-season expedition tent, called a Katabatic by Eddie Bauer. Winner of Backpacker Magazine's 2012 Editor's Choice Snow Award and been to Everest and the worlds highest peaks. Not from me of course, but I can say here that at Great Sand Dunes NP the wife and I set this up in sustained 30-35 mph winds. Twas a ********** to set up in the wind but when guyed out I was amazed how little movement inside the tent from the wind and could actually sleep well. This image is the next day when we had better weather. I told her I would never spend $700 on a tent then the RTTs came along lol!

Katabatic%20tent-M.jpg

These days we are happy with the 23ZERO Bundaberg. I dont think I have seen that brand on this thread. Really diggin it so far. Great thread, I never knew there were so many styles and brands.

501571D6-89B3-4ABC-9C4D-892F1E04208D-M.jpg

Racks are solid and stationary. Fuel mileage is not great, but then a Jeep with 37”’s and 4.88 gears is not great anyway. We load everything up when we go including fuel so the 68 mile one way trip down the beach is no problem. Adding scissor stabilizing jacks to each corner was key and once set up we are rock solid, definitely in the breeze and use the rest of the trailer deck space to keep things out of the sand as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
  1. 2012 CVT Mt. Baker hardshell RTT, 2017 Alu-Cab Shadow Awn with wall kit on a 2017 CVT off road trailer.
This post has been edited after moving RTT, Shadow awning / wall kit and Kinsman shower from Land Cruiser to trailer. 516301512300512301516278516281516282516284516285516286516287

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles