Post Your Montero SPORT Pics!

PaydayGabe

Affternoon friends?‍♂️, Wow,, 9 months since the last post. Mother's day Sunday in beautiful Boulder City Nv.
93+°, not bad considering my family back East had snow flurries yesterday ?.

Update time:
After the drama of the complete top end timing/ valve job/ water pump etc, services
the Monty is fully functional and legal. Yeah! It took a while (budget) to get here but slow and steady wins?. W/ the arrival of the stimulus check I will be ordering new skins for the rig this coming week. I'm going one size over stock in a M/T tread (LT245/75r/16) with the hope of keeping the things as close to normal as possible. Suspension is original minus new Tokico Trekmaster shocks.
A simple sanding and spray of the factory spoke wheels came out absolutely perfect for about $9 bucks each ?.
I'll be exploring once the new skins mounted and I have my C02 tank operational for Airing up.
I also removed the rear seats and fashioned an extension for the floor which gives me enough space for a 72"×37" mattress?. Comfortable sleeping is always welcome.
I'm also working on sun shades for all rear windows w/reflectik.
Hopefully the photos will load?. Hit me up w/any questions or comments.
Cheers ?, G.
20200428_211408.jpg

Lovettdc

I have an 02 MS es I bought from my co-workers son. Only 135k. It was hail damaged and pretty filthy but mechanically in great shape. I replaced the t-belt, water pump and all front seals. No oil leaks at this time. Front diff has a bit of a seep from the cover but that's it. So far I've put a roof rack on it and mounted the spare up top. Added some traction pads and recovery gear. Removed the fender flares, front bumper and relocated the washer tank. Also added a CB radio and bfg at's. Once these tires wear out I'll be either lifting and going 33s or no lift and just 31s. Depends on funds. This thing has been very capable in it's stock from so far here in the mountains of Colorado. Next big purchase will be a locker and hope to fabricate a front bumper. I had no idea about these trucks until I bought this one. Now I'm glad I did. I just wish there were more aftermarket parts availability.

Attachments

• 20200419_175404.jpg
    20200419_175404.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 68
  • VideoCapture_20200509-101504~2.jpg
    VideoCapture_20200509-101504~2.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 63

w1g3y

Hi All,

This is my '99 pa1 Mitsubishi Challenger (Australian Paj/Mon/Shogun Sport)

So far, my mods are:

Diesel MK Triton snorkel
2015 Hilux bullbar
Hybrid MKPA1 leaf springs (Leaves 2, 3 and 5 from an MK triton, top leaf from pa1 pack)
60mm suspension lift (above springs, and torsion wind)
40mm body lift (polyurethane rollers from a boat trailer)
9" prototype kings LED driving lights(11,000 lumens each)
40" led light bar
VSR with 110ah AGM house battery at rear for fridge and LED lights
Anderson Plug link to RTT on top
285/75R16 Hankook DynaPro MT's
Gloss Metallic Charcoal (allegedly) rattle can (8 cans) respray ($64 from Bunnings)

Mods Planned:
3.5 6g74 engine with RalliArt cams being built, hopefully in soon
78mm turbo from Ford Falcon XR6, still deciding if I'll add this for more mud slinging ability
Need to replace o2 sensor as it's running rich at present.

The kids and I love this truck, and over the next few years we'll be towing the expedition trailer which usually has the RTT on it to lots of camping spots on our island.

Looking forward to seeing more Challenger / Sports on this forum!

Attachments

• 20200810_084708.jpg
    20200810_084708.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 91
  • 20200810_092124.jpg
    20200810_092124.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 87

Tacoma13SR5

Observer
Hi All,

This is my '99 pa1 Mitsubishi Challenger (Australian Paj/Mon/Shogun Sport)

So far, my mods are:

Diesel MK Triton snorkel
2015 Hilux bullbar
Hybrid MKPA1 leaf springs (Leaves 2, 3 and 5 from an MK triton, top leaf from pa1 pack)
60mm suspension lift (above springs, and torsion wind)
40mm body lift (polyurethane rollers from a boat trailer)
9" prototype kings LED driving lights(11,000 lumens each)
40" led light bar
VSR with 110ah AGM house battery at rear for fridge and LED lights
Anderson Plug link to RTT on top
285/75R16 Hankook DynaPro MT's
Gloss Metallic Charcoal (allegedly) rattle can (8 cans) respray ($64 from Bunnings)

Mods Planned:
3.5 6g74 engine with RalliArt cams being built, hopefully in soon
78mm turbo from Ford Falcon XR6, still deciding if I'll add this for more mud slinging ability
Need to replace o2 sensor as it's running rich at present.

The kids and I love this truck, and over the next few years we'll be towing the expedition trailer which usually has the RTT on it to lots of camping spots on our island.

Looking forward to seeing more Challenger / Sports on this forum!

How much modification was needed to fit a Hilux bullbar?

Lovettdc

Here is my '02 sport. Just put on 31s and took it over Red Cone in colorado. Any other Coloradan sport owners out there?

Attachments

• 20200905_122942~2.jpg
    20200905_122942~2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 65

Aetro

Looks like my MS just got moved to the front of the line of "projects"
My right front wheel hooked on the right rear wheel of a chevy Colorado who decided he really had to turn left through the intersection while I was there.
I spend all day working on it and taking some pictures but this is the only one I found with a format compatable with the forums

Attachments

• 20210616_060010.jpg
    20210616_060010.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 30

SD_Montero

Observer
Looks like my MS just got moved to the front of the line of "projects"
My right front wheel hooked on the right rear wheel of a chevy Colorado who decided he really had to turn left through the intersection while I was there.
I spend all day working on it and taking some pictures but this is the only one I found with a format compatable with the forums
I going to fix it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camshaft700