Post Your Montero SPORT Pics!

JordanM/S

Off Road Enthusiast
Sweet, I'll have to check it out. I hope its small enough to be mounted under the hood...and dust proof :D.

sxharr05

Adventurer
That was probably me, I pass through there five times a week going to Philadelphia. Do you know of any good off-road spots near there?
Unfortunately nothing that I'm aware of. Whatever little bit there was years ago has been developed.

shov3lbum

Adventurer
Some pics from my wife and I's trip to Colorado last year July 2013, sorry for the long delay!
IMAG0880.jpg
On national forest service road 118 just west of the Coulson Gulch trailhead.
IMAG0889.jpg
Just showing off some of my flex!
IMAG0864.jpg
(self explanatory, and no, not me in the pic!)

And I don't know about you all, but this winter was h*ll to my monty! Here in Milwaukee, WI they salted the heck out of the roads and most of my frame is pretty rotten now, I have rust work to do on the hood, the tire carrier, my hitch is all crusty, and the fenders are being bubbled up. Going to be a heckuva time getting it back and up running for summer fun!

JordanM/S

Off Road Enthusiast
New BlitzPro fogs and 265/75 A/Ts mounted up.

New Kenwood head unit and Uniden 880 CB

2200 mile trip with 1200 lbs...guess I should of got the heavy-duty coils in the rear.

photo (5).jpg

Full OME Coils, shocks, and torsions.

View attachment 217205
photo 2.jpg
photo 3.jpg
photo 4.jpg

Also, what did you use to mount your CB i that spot? I pulled out the storage shelf but ended up just mounting it under the radio. Thanks

photo (4).jpg

Attachments

• photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    513.8 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

sxharr05

Adventurer
Ha. I just removed the same Cobra from that spot. The plan was to mount the Uniden there with my previous HU but it didn't fit. I actually attached the mounting bracket to the top trim piece of the shelf.

JordanM/S

Off Road Enthusiast
Ha. I just removed the same Cobra from that spot. The plan was to mount the Uniden there with my previous HU but it didn't fit. I actually attached the mounting bracket to the top trim piece of the shelf.

Smart..Why didn't I think of that, oh wait, it's because I bent the crap out of my mount when I first got the Cobra and threw it away. Lol :p oh well, I'll just keep it where it is for now. :) I plan on upgrading to a Gen 3 Monty in the future anyhow! More space More comfort.

Here are a few pics. I got from a trip to Mt. Rainier(Pre-Lift)

579691_10152467963561982_681139499_n.jpg

1487301_10152470222796982_892488427_n.jpg

1658568_10152624557651982_80098099_o.jpg

IMG_20131020_131900_320.jpg

Last edited:

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I would get the locker from a Montero or a Sport and swap that in, the wiring is seriously power + ground to the pump and it works. Wire a light up to the detent and you can have a light that turns on when the locker is engaged, pretty easy.

The big thing is that the factory lockers require one axle shaft to be shorter, so you'd need to take the short shaft from the donor rig or get one with the correct brakes to match your truck. If you have drums it would a good time to upgrade to discs.

On a side note i think Carlos had a hybrid LSD, not sure if he still does or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier