Post your Mitsubishi Pajero Pics

Bama_Kiwi

Beauties........both of 'em. Wish I could get my hands on an ohhh six stateside......

Thank you. I have lusted after the SWB Pajeros for a while, being tangentially aware of them from watching clips of Dakar rallies and just generally being into "cars", but also first seeing them in-person on visits to see my partner here in NZ. It's a shame MMC never brought them, or the Gen4 at all, to the states. I feel like it would have sold well if marketed correctly. They serve the perfect mix of on-road manners and refinement and off-road capability - at least for the type of 4WD-ing I plan to do, anyway.

brad2274

Adventurer
That truck looks great!

I am glad I picked up mine before someone else got it. Are there any good trails put your way?
thanks! there are some nice scenic ones but you gotta travel a bit for anything kind of serious or go to an offroad park with man made obstacles. near me i have some light scenic stuff and then some up and down sand/mud trails that youll want second truck with you. plenty of mud and sand, 4x4 only beach access in some places.

phstudio

I just got back from another run of the Mojave Road. I just added a new ARB 3434040 Pajero bumper and the ADD ADHD 2.5" suspension lift, although I'm still waiting for the new torsion bars. Thumbs up on the lift kit, though. I'm getting her re-geared to 4.9 and adding a ARB front locker in may. Woohoo!

TheCaffeinatedOne

I bought it in a Japanese auction, shipped it from Tokyo to NYC and drove it home to Vermont. It's a 5 speed, 2.5 turbo diesel with - get this - 77,000 km. That's about 48,000 miles on the odometer. New tires, new brakes on one rear wheel, cooling system flush, oil change and rechange, sway bar bushings and an alternator was all it needed. Not bad for a 25 year old truck. Not one speck of rust. Named it ATTILA.

I use it daily in rural mail delivery here in Vermont. So it's getting hard (but not abusive) miles right now and is proving to be completely reliable. I had a steel plate front bumper built and picked up a Smittybilt 9,500 # winch, which will get installed when mud season is over. That sounds a little counterintuitive, but as there is presently four feet of hard snow piled up between me and my garage door, it'll have to wait a bit.

Plan is to pick up 5 steel rims and summer tires (present tires are studded) and swap with the seasons.

Swift_45a

Observer
I knew it would of struck a chord with you, it was basically just a long Mitsubishi commercial; the EVO part was pretty cool, too. In the early 2000s we used to joke that every Japanese person was forced to learn to drift because of scenes like that from the 90s, like how martial arts is forced learning in school over there.

Did you ever get to fix up that old Lancer?

One of my favorite movies.

Yeah, fun movie. It was on my 'must watch' list forever, I remember seeing the beggining several times but never finished for nearly a decade!

Watching movie now!

Jesus, I wish I had enough time/resources to work on my SR, this is nearly identical to what I had in mind, minus trimmed rear bumper. Unfortuantley my 2.5 is what I drive more frequently now.

Enjoy it, dude, she looks like a beast--the SR flares were the best out of all the Gen 2/2.5 variations!

I just got back from another run of the Mojave Road. I just added a new ARB 3434040 Pajero bumper and the ADD ADHD 2.5" suspension lift, although I'm still waiting for the new torsion bars. Thumbs up on the lift kit, though. I'm getting her re-geared to 4.9 and adding a ARB front locker in may. Woohoo!
View attachment 507317

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles