Post your Mitsubishi Pajero Pics

MontyG

Hi all! This is an intro post, and a share my ride post. I'm Chris, I live in the Bay Area, CA. I just got a 95 Montero LS with a FIVE SPEED! I had ZR2 S10 pickups for years but I've been out of the game for a bit due to kids. I'm thrilled to have an off-road capable SUV that can haul the youngins around. So far I've put OME lift springs and KYB shocks on the rear, cranked the T-bars, and put on 285/75/16s (basically a 32.8--okay lets round that to 33). Loving it so far, can't wait to hit a trail!

I'm grateful for the knowledge I've gotten from this forum even before buying this car. Thanks all!

Attachments

• 20210103_095439.jpg
    20210103_095439.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 62
Hi all! This is an intro post, and a share my ride post. I'm Chris, I live in the Bay Area, CA. I just got a 95 Montero LS with a FIVE SPEED! I had ZR2 S10 pickups for years but I've been out of the game for a bit due to kids. I'm thrilled to have an off-road capable SUV that can haul the youngins around. So far I've put OME lift springs and KYB shocks on the rear, cranked the T-bars, and put on 285/75/16s (basically a 32.8--okay lets round that to 33). Loving it so far, can't wait to hit a trail!

I'm grateful for the knowledge I've gotten from this forum even before buying this car. Thanks all!

Good looking rig. I like the wheels, dont see many cool steel wheels on rigs from the states. The old pajero is sure good for getting the young ones out into the good spots!

MontyG

Thanks! I got the wheels used from craigslist from a Toyota guy. I didn't realize how huge the offset would be but I like it :)

uncompromise

Adventurer
Stock 2004 Pajero 3.2 DiD
One owner, never taken off road. Purchased six months ago.
Based in the south of France

Planned modifications are pretty simple, including:
1. Insulate entire vehicle with Thermafleece so we can head into the mountains during the winter
2. Remove side steps and replace with steel sliders
3. Install roof rack for our kayak
4. Remove cladding
5. Upgrade headlights
6. Install dual battery setup
7. Build lightweight modular bed frame and storage box
8. Replace rear carpet with heavy duty rubber matting
9. Install l-track in place of rear grab handles (full length cargo to behind front cabin) for multiple uses, including attaching a cargo net to the headliner (handy for when sleeping in car amongst other things)

Planned accessory purchases / projects include:
1. Full set of custom insulated window coverings (warm in winter and cool in summer)
2. Full set of bug screens for windows and sun roof
3. Back up camera
4. Dash camera
5. Replace head unit with Apple play / android auto
6. Front runner footwell water tank

We’re going with Napoleon’s edict that “necessity is the mother of all invention”, meaning that, for now, with trips around Europe, we’re going to be doing a lot of highway driving, and some off roading, but nothing particularly aggressive. Certainly not in the short term. We want to be able to live out of this vehicle for weeks on end, transport ourselves and our two dogs, and also not look out of place in an urban environment. As such we’re keeping this vehicle looking as ordinary as possible so as not to attract attention.

9f6a84fe1095b996c53d15a494f64e26.jpg

I got tired of having my fuel inside the vehicle and welded up a spare tire jerrycan mount out of some scrap plate and tube.

Attachments

• 20210204_154509.jpg
    20210204_154509.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 20210204_161110.jpg
    20210204_161110.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 60

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Nice work on the Jerry Can holder!
How did you attach it behind the spear? Dose it "clamp" between the tailgate spare tire mount and the spare? That's how I mount the fuel carrier on my Gen III and its working out well...no issues, and many miles of tracks on it.
Cheers

Nice work on the Jerry Can holder!
How did you attach it behind the spear? Dose it "clamp" between the tailgate spare tire mount and the spare? That's how I mount the fuel carrier on my Gen III and its working out well...no issues, and many miles of tracks on it.
Cheers

Thanks! Yeah, it's a V shaped plate with 3 holes that the spare bolts go through. I just got 5x fj cruiser steel wheels, so I will probably end up cutting the tube and adjusting the length to the new spare. Did you make the mount for your gen3? Im curious to see how it's designed.

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
I fabricated a mount quite a few years back, and it's still working flawlessly. Below is a thread where I posted what I did...post #14 and #31.

Cheers

I fabricated a mount quite a few years back, and it's still working flawlessly. Below is a thread where I posted what I did...post #14 and #31.

Cheers
That looks really good, I like how you used the space between the wheel spokes for the mounting tabs. I didn't have the clearance for that unfortunately.

eco1og

Had it since October 2020. Spent a bunch of time in the first couple of months at my friends getting all the maintenance done and then some, then the past 6 weeks or so I finally was able to get around to the exerior. Next interior, level/lift etc. Sold my MiEV the day after I got the Montero. Will go now start doodling another build thread.

Attachments

• 20210217_180810~2.jpg
    20210217_180810~2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 86
  • montero2small.jpg
    montero2small.jpg
    653.2 KB · Views: 85
  • montero1small.jpg
    montero1small.jpg
    616.4 KB · Views: 73

Forum statistics

Threads