Post your Mitsubishi Pajero Pics

johnsonlam

Hi, am Johnson Lam from Malaysia. Here's my Mitsubishi Pajero V34 (1999) Turbo Diesel.
I named it KakiDIY Offroader, which is a moving makerspace, workshop and learning centre which doubles as a camping fun overlander.

Planning to drive from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia up to Bangkok, Thailand for a trial, before heading to Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam... and to UK.

Recently resprayed, engine rebuilt, lifted it up a bit and added roof rack, RTT, Awnings and worked on the Dual AUX battery and solar system.

KakiDIYPajeroAwningTent.jpegKakiDIYPajeroTent.jpegKakiDIYPajeroRoofRack.jpeg

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Hi, am Johnson Lam from Malaysia. Here's my Mitsubishi Pajero V34 (1999) Turbo Diesel.
I named it KakiDIY Offroader, which is a moving makerspace, workshop and learning centre which doubles as a camping fun overlander.

Planning to drive from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia up to Bangkok, Thailand for a trial, before heading to Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam... and to UK.

Recently resprayed, engine rebuilt, lifted it up a bit and added roof rack, RTT, Awnings and worked on the Dual AUX battery and solar system.

Wow, a mobile classroom, thank you for being a teacher in today's world. My mom retired 2 years ago from teaching and wherever she goes she runs into a former student on a weekly basis who thanks her for all she did for them. Keep up the good work my friend.

My fiancé rolled my Montero about a month ago (she's fine). I finally found a replacement. Meet RAMTERO. It's half 96 Montero and half 90 Ram 1 ton.

Attachments

• 20180815_190802_1534382436225.jpg
    20180815_190802_1534382436225.jpg
    460 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot_20180816-211953.png
    Screenshot_20180816-211953.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot_20180816-212021.png
    Screenshot_20180816-212021.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 99
This rig was discussed recently when it was posted for sale, no idea why they did what they did to it but hope it provides you with great adventures.

My previous Montero was an super clean one owner 94 with 120,000 miles on it. We put about 4000 back country miles on it in the short time I had it. There are a few pics of it on pg 162 of this thread. I absolutely loved it. I'll buy another stock one if I can find a clean SR.

While I was looking for another I found this and drove out to take a look since I live relatively close. It's ridiculous. But for what it is it drives and runs great. I'll DD it till I find another clean Monty and then it'll become just a trail rig. In the mean time I love it. Its def a different driving experience then a Montero, it drives just like an early 90's short bed pickup. Center of gravity is low cause the engine is in its original location in the frame. So, it's not as top heavy as it looks.

It's a blast to drive and everything was done really well considering what it is. I hope it's reliable and doesn't turn into a money pit. As of now I really like it.

The original owner built it because he blew the engine in the Montero and had an old dodge truck just sitting around. That's the story he told me anyway.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
My previous Montero was an super clean one owner 94 with 120,000 miles on it. We put about 4000 back country miles on it in the short time I had it. There are a few pics of it on pg 162 of this thread. I absolutely loved it. I'll buy another stock one if I can find a clean SR.

While I was looking for another I found this and drove out to take a look since I live relatively close. It's ridiculous. But for what it is it drives and runs great. I'll DD it till I find another clean Monty and then it'll become just a trail rig. In the mean time I love it. Its def a different driving experience then a Montero, it drives just like an early 90's short bed pickup. Center of gravity is low cause the engine is in its original location in the frame. So, it's not as top heavy as it looks.

It's a blast to drive and everything was done really well considering what it is. I hope it's reliable and doesn't turn into a money pit. As of now I really like it.

The original owner built it because he blew the engine in the Montero and had an old dodge truck just sitting around. That's the story he told me anyway.

So is it running the 318 or 360? And I can't recall if it's running the Dodge trans/t-case or Mitsu?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94