Post your Mitsubishi Pajero Pics

nwoods

Expedition Leader
LOL, as I may have mentioned before, the Monty is now the daily driver for my 16 year old son. I'm not ready for him to drive a top heavy vehicle on oversized tires without the swaybars quite yet. Until he gets his own car or improves his emergency reaction skills, the swaybars stay on.

BTW> nice shot of the wife in those photos!

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I know, we went over this before but i still think you like riding wheelies deep down inside :)
Actually these days i'm feeling more of a front sway bar on rear sway bar off to cover more varied driving while adding longevity to the IFS.

Thanks for the wife compliment too!
I need to take an artistic photo of my wife laying across the bullbars nude just using her hand and forearm to cover her breasts. For the sake of art, i mean i can't NOT do that.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the wife compliment too!
I need to take an artistic photo of my wife laying across the bullbars nude just using her hand and forearm to cover her breasts. For the sake of art, i mean i can't NOT do that.
I'm sure that would get regrammed on MonteroTuners Instagram account :)

Recommended books for Overlanding

KyleT

Explorer
Used some harsh cutting polish, then swirl remover, then some fine ultimate polish followed by hand waxing with zymoil. I was throughly happy with the result. The minor clear peeling on the hood is much less obvious. Unfortunately the roof which I didn't grab a pic of didn't really improve much.

Ate through about 10 pads on my 10" rotary buffer.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I love the color too.

Edit and don't like chrome rims though.

cr4x4cruiser

Observer
We finally got 'the one"! 1999 Montero SR... 106K original miles as of 13APR15

We've searched far and wide, for over a year... and it paid off. Picked it up at the dealer - in San Diego - on Monday night [13APR15], and when we pulled in the driveway - in Los Angeles - the total mileage was 106,099. It drives as good as it looks... very minor issues here and there [miscellaneous idiot lights/ bulbs burned out, a switch needing repair, etc].

My better-half was quite hesitant to do the deal, but realized we would likely not find another with the miles and condition... after we got home she then declared I was right in getting it ["it looks so good driving down the freeway"].

For now this rig will do combat on the freeways and streets of L.A. [yeah, let's see 'em do a "hit & run" on it... they may run, but I'm pretty sure their ride will be left behind]. The final destination for this rig is Costa Rica... 10 miles from the nearest paved road.

Now, I have a million questions [still], and tons more research to cull...

Pura Vida,

Wm.

Attachments

nwoods

Expedition Leader
The final destination for this rig is Costa Rica... 10 miles from the nearest paved road.
Pura Vida indeed! Interested in your timing and trip plans to get it to CR. My buddy (also on this forum) has been talking to be about getting his 96 4Runner down there at his vacation property. That sounds like a fun trip, and two vehicles sounds smart to me!

DSouth

Observer
Nice ride! I was going to go look at that one this week, but was a little leery of that dealer. Their Yelp reviews were pretty hit and miss. Sounds like that was a good one!

Recommended books for Overlanding

Dreaming of Jupiter
by Ted Simon
From $16.29
Into Africa
by Sam Manicom
From $24.65
Don't Go There. It's Not Safe. You'll Die.: And other mor...
by Jared McCaffree, Jessica Mans, Kobus Mans
From $19.99
Crossing the Congo: Over Land and Water in a Hard Place
by Mike Martin, Chloe Baker, Charlie Hatch-Barnwell
From $29.95

JamesW

Adventurer
Mine and a friends Disco 2 from today.

I think my rear springs are shot, with just a bike, a bag of clothes and a full tank of diesel it squats down about 1.5"

Few jobs need done too, gots a seized front calliper, and I saw a bit of rust on the boot floor underneath, so I'll get some wire brush action and a splash of converter on that before it gets worse.

Driving it a lot more recently, and I'm enjoying it a lot, Exhaust got a right ********** the last day I was driving it in a minefield of stumps, and now it rattles on overrun, which is a bit annoying, so I'm thinking of removing the dinged silencer and going for a single silencer. I was driving behind a truck and a huge stone got kicked up, thought it was going to hit the windscreen, but it took out the headlight instead. Made a new lens by putting the other lens in the oven, with some 4mm acrylic ontop of it,left it 7 minutes and it softened and took the shape of the light, and now i have a perfect clear lens, made of plastic so it is a bit more durable