Post your device mount pics

Lykos

Super Trucker
2000 Suburban, made in china ram look alike mount fits a 10" tablet, mounted into the sheet metal where the ash tray used to sit. Can't get abetter setup for anywhere close to $25 I paid for the mount.

AVPmKzO.jpg

6yYUOwW.jpg

Fsnko2Z.jpg
I have some random Ram parts. Will they work with that brand? What's that brand name CrayDrei?

Lykos

Super Trucker
Can anyone say...........distracted driving?
Geeze

It doesnt get any simpler than this, just a GPS to look at ocasionally. No maps to download, no cell service needed, plan your trip before hand or just purpously wander at will.

Sticky back velcro and a small hook on a block of wood:

20190202_125057.jpg

20190202_125128.jpg

20190202_125416.jpg
You don't look at a paper map when you're driving, if you do you didn't do your home work before starting your drive.

Lost my sextant in a card game in Reno so I'll be using technology. All the technology. ??

rayra

Expedition Leader
Lot of mount topics in the GPS & Computer subforum
https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/forums/gps-and-computers-hardware.45/

Lot of interesting and sturdy solutions. Lot of RAM mounts, lot of pipe / pillar up from the floor or seat mount brackets, too.

I heat-formed some sheet plastic into a dash bezel mount for a 7-8" tablet. Tablet is supported and held in a snug friction fit. Been down a lot of washboarded roads without issue. About to tweak the mount for an iPad Mini 2

(and here's some more dog hair for you OCD peeps)

tabletmount20.jpg
dashcam04.jpg

/don't seem to have a current picture of it all together with the 2U entertainment unit / DVD player. Their screens are very similar-sized, looks pretty good IMAO. And I later trimmed the mount so it overlapped jus tthe bezel and not the dash as well. Mounted with 3M HD double-sided tape, the grey stuff with the red backing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz