Post your camping / gear lists!

SAR Jeepster

Observer
I was just going over my list to share with our Search & Rescue team the equipment I carry in the Jeepster and the trailer for longer trips. The list seems long but I like to be prepared and drive an old Jeep so I carry a lot of parts and tools. I also want my wife to enjoy longer trips so we carry some extra amenities. I have a note pad on every trip and am constantly up dating the list to keep up with Jeep modifications or items for better trip enjoyment.

Tom’s Expedition Equipment List

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
Under camp setup you have knife listed twice in cell 12 and 17. Are they specific types, a typo or... arh ya on o dem der survivally tipes?:hehe:

Because if he has two knives, he can "wrassle" a bear single handedly... you do the math. :coffeedrink:

... he learned it from Chuck Norris.

shahram

Adventurer
Shelter/Shade
Sleeping pad
Sleeping bag
Pillow
Tent
Ground cloth/Tarp
Nails
Bungee cords
Hammer/axe

Kitchen
Stove/Fuel (is fuel sufficient?)
Sauce Pan/Pot/Frying Pan
Forks, Spoons
Coffee/Tea
Food/Water (Check Meal Plan)
Cooler
Dish Soap/Campsuds
Paper Towels
Trash Bags

Recovery/Truck Gear
Recovery Box/Bag
Shovel
Tow Strap/Shackles
Battery
Tools
Tire Kit
Air Compressor
Jack
Duct Tape
Electrical Extras (Fuses, etc.)
Gloves
WD40
Fire Extinguisher
Oil
Coolant
Power Steering Fluid (ATF)
Brake Fluid

Personal Gear
Headlamp (Check batteries)
Pocket Knife
Multi-tool
Lighters
Comfy Chair
Toilet Paper
Wet Naps
Gerry Can (Water)
First Aid Kit (Make sure it has Epipen)
Toiletries Kit
Sunglasses
Hat
Towel
Clothes (Check weather!)
Cold Weather Gear
-Jacket
-Gloves
-Hat/Balaclava
-Underclothes

Communications/Navigation/Electronics
SPOT Messenger
GPS (Check batteries!)
Maps
Cell Phone/Charger
FRS Radios (Check Batteries!)
Camera/Charger/Extra Battery
iPod/Speakers
Batteries (AA & AAA)
Power Inverter

GROCERY LIST
Beer
Beer
Beer
Beer
Did I mention Beer?
Beef Jerky

Justincredible

Adventurer
A knife. Bam!

Oh and a tent, tarp, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, pillow, cooler full of food, water, lighter, axe, shovel, chair, a pot, a pan, and Utensils.

tac

hammock

1 thing that i didnt see on a list(sorry if i missed it) is an eagels nest outfitters double nest hammonks,straps,dry fly,and bug nets......if you havent seen these yet you really should check them out.

ScoutII

Adventurer
Scott-
I love your list! Unfortunately I only have a shelf in my garage, and I transfer everything from there into the truck.... I think it is time to update my technique!

I have a list, but its mostly tools and camping supplies, plus a detail check list on truck prep. i.e fluids and what not. . Everything goes on a shelf in the garage too. This way you just put everything in the truck. Makes it stupid simple when getting ready to go. After a trip you can add or subtract from the items as needs change. I go a lot of places that require you to be ready for most anything, so this works for me.
For food that changes based on the trip and time gone.

edit: I try and go as light as I can, but I carry a lot of tools. I've cut that list down too, but stuff happens. I've had to repair and fix a lot of stuff over the years so I have that list down pretty good.

Last edited:

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
We are actually fairly organized. all of our camp gear is always with in a few feet of each other so nothing gets left. we do have a list but thats for food so we know what we need and what my wife needs to buy. Everything fits into 2 27gallon superboxes that stack up nicely in the toyota. add a large ice chest and the top out with sleep bags, pillows, tent and chairs. leaves the back seat for Sierra and Rowdy with a few toys.
I am in the process of figuring out the Ford list but as it has less recovery options, I will probably need more recovery tools lol

evilfij

Explorer
Bourbon, tums, Advil, cigarettes, one burner Coleman propane stove (want to upgrade soon), small Coleman cooler filled with ice, Coleman powerchill cooler stuffed with food and diet soda, cheapo t-FAL frying pan, cheapo generic aluminum pot, Swiss army knife, folding chair x2, plastic reusable cups, disposable plastic plates (which I reuse), two forks, two spoons, one spatula, two steak knives, box of canned/boxed food, blankets and pillows and such (I just got a trailer, my previous sleeping arrangement was four mattress pads in the back of my lwb range rover), Toiletries, I am sure I am forgetting stuff and none of my gear is particularly expocool, but it works for me.

Frankspinz

Adventurer
Most lists (to be fair I've seen a few here with this included) forget to mention leaving your itinerary with a friend or relative including recognisable features:
- your description
- clothing
- vehicle/tent/canoe color
- expected return date/time
- when to call for help

Last fall when I did my Ishpatina Ridge outing, my wife asked when she should advise authorities that I was missing... I replied it depended wether she wanted me found dead or alive !
confused.png

ScoutII

Adventurer
Most lists (to be fair I've seen a few here with this included) forget to mention leaving your itinerary with a friend or relative including recognisable features:
- your description
- clothing
- vehicle/tent/canoe color
- expected return date/time
- when to call for help

Last fall when I did my Ishpatina Ridge outing, my wife asked when she should advise authorities that I was missing... I replied it depended whether she wanted me found dead or alive !
confused.png

classic!

I got the whole family to pass there HAM tech license, so we can make contact. My youngest final passes her test and it came in handy 2 weeks ago, as she could reach out to mom whenever she wanted too.

My camping list varies based on what I want to cook/eat. But I do bring enough tools to fix most any issue with my truck. Take 2 weeks ago, the rear caliper froze up and I had the Allen wrench needed to removed the caliper, plus a C-clamp to free up the piston so we could continue. I replaced the caliper once we got to an auto parts store.
stupid stuff like that can ruin an outing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles