Post up your drawer/storage system

rascott

Observer
i did something very much like you, but didn't use sliders.
more effort to open, but i'm pleased with the utility- if i lock the gate it's secure.
P6120105.jpg

nice write-up

Gokracer1

Adventurer
AT Drawer System in JK 2-door

Here is my drawer system.
I just picked it up from AT a few weeks ago right before a trip to Southern UT.
I really liked how light these drawers were, but that comes with problem. The bottom drawer being it has a longer span was sagging in the middle pretty good. I placed a 3/4" L-Bracket made out of Aluminum on the top that is 1/8" thick that seemed to fit that problem. The bottom of the drawer is even thinner and it was bowing up so I added a smaller thickness L-Bracket to that. Other then that, looks like it will do just fine.
Dimensions Bottom Drawer 32Wx8.75Hx29D, Top Drawer 12Wx12Hx24D

standard.jpg

ARB Fridge Slide
standard.jpg

I also have it set up to run 2 Scepter Water Cans on the side, or a smaller 7 Gallon Polytank w/ pump

standard.jpg

Last edited:

SilverBullet

Explorer
Just a thought, you might want to talk to AT about the bowing issues, those guys have a great reputation and I would think would help you find a solution for all that weight.

Gokracer1

Adventurer
Just a thought, you might want to talk to AT about the bowing issues, those guys have a great reputation and I would think would help you find a solution for all that weight.

I did and it was Martyn that gave me the idea of the L-Bracket. The fridge slide goes from edge to edge, that is why I was very limited to what I could do. Martyn did advise me that there could be an issue with that span before the purchase, so no hard feelings there. Again like I said, it is a little of the pros and cons but over all I am happy with they way they turned out. I was just letting it be known that it could be an issue for future purchases, but now that the bracing is in its pretty solid, and I think adds a nice look :)
If you have the room to make the drawer bigger, Martyn recommends and I would to the versa track they offer, which gives you tie down options as well.

Last edited:

SDAVIS

Hi all, new to this forum. Here is my bed storage system in my 2007 Dodge Ram 2500. There are some awesome set ups on this thread! Mine aren't as complex as some. I use them for storing all my junk! We tow a TT and the dog rides in the topper. Hopefully someday I'll do some boondocking and camp in the back of the truck.

TheCummins030.jpg

TheCummins032.jpg

TheCummins041.jpg

TheCummins035.jpg

TheCummins036.jpg

4drsahara

Hi Everyone, new to the forum here! I recently purchased a 2009 Jeep JK Unlimited and have started working on my drawer system. It is still a work in progress but the pics will give an idea of what it will be like. :)
Drawersystem3.jpg

DrawerSystem2.jpg

Drawersystem1.jpg

cpg

Adventurer
At the action end of the drawers, I fitted a rotating goose neck water outlet. The tank has a pump in it so we have water on tap!

water1.jpg

water2.jpg

Whilst we cookon an open fire as much as possible, I made provision for a little butane gas cooker

bottomdrawermod1.jpg

The cutting board lifts up and we store our plates, cups and cutlery underneath.

bottomdrawermod2.jpg

The best part is my wife loves it as it makes camping so easy because everything has a place.

di7.jpg

All set up it looks something like this..

boulia12.jpg

That is very nice.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Not as nice as many here, but it works.:wings:

Drawer for the back of my CJ7:

CJstuff369.jpg

Fits quite a bit of stuff, tools, inverter, spare parts:
CJstuff370.jpg

In front of the drawer, I have my 'fluids' box. I keep the oil, grease, antifreeze, etc. inside:

CJstuff378.jpg

In front of that (right behind the front seats) is a box that holds spare drive shafts (front and rear) inside:

CJstuff367.jpg

And spare front axle shafts, tie rod, and drag link bungeed on the top:
cj7005.jpg

I use old lap belt seat belts to secure everything in. These are attatched to a rail system on each side of the inner fenderwell:

CJstuff381.jpg

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
Here's my ghetto $20 Storex (made in Canada) "Adventure Stationary" drawer system that weighs less than 10 lb and sits next to the fridge in the back of my Jeep LJ.

DSC_3688.jpg

More here.

Cheers,
Graham

Last edited:

shovelbum

Observer
Low-Budget Storage System

I got a 2000 Ford Expedition, prompting the recent sale of my FJ60. I didn't have much cash on hand for customization, but with a little luck, ingenuity, and perserverance, I came out not half bad. I labeled one of the pictures and have notes below:

1. Anvil case (44 x 18 x 12") bolted to shelf (# 2); $30 on Craigslist
2. 1/2" plywood shelf (44 x 18") (left over from an old project), faced with aluminum C-channel (see #7 below)
3. Heavy duty drawer (?) slides; $4 at Goodwill
4. ASML case (52 x 26 x 10"); $25 at Goodwill
5. Storage spaces for fishing poles, folding chairs, etc.
6. Three 2x8s, each 4' long, running lengthwise (see other picture); $7 at Home Depot
7. Two military crates (14 x 46 x 6") with moveable dividers; $5 each at Savers. Plastic lids slid on and off via aluminum tracks down each edge. The lids were discarded and the tracks reversed so that the channels faced outward. Aluminum C-channel was then attached to the 2x8s to either side ($20 at Ace). Thus, the boxes were turned into drawers that slide in and out. They carry long and bulky gear.
8. Plastic faceplate cut from removed lid (see #7 above)
*All hardware left over from past projects (free! kind of)

The upper box is mounted so that when it is rolled all the way forward (toward the front of the truck), it acts as a counter-balance for the bottom box's lid. Gear that is needed often is stored in the top box. When something from the bottom box is needed, you unlatch it and slide the top box forward. The weight of the top box lifts the bottom box's lid and keeps it open.

The three 2x8s (# 6) run forward to the back of the truck's rear seats. Neither of the boxes go that far forward, so I put a deck over the top of the 2x8s. This allows unimpeded storage underneath (# 5) as well as atop the deck (duffels). When the top box is pushed forward and the lower box lid is open, the lower, forward edge of the top box rests on this deck, preventing undue strain.

Extra gear (folding table, etc.) can be strapped between the two boxes. The whole shebang is tied into the stock lashing points.

This sure isn't as fancy as a lot of the storage systems I've seen, but it is plenty sturdy, gets the job done, and didn't break the bank.

Attachments

• DSCN3035.JPG
    DSCN3035.JPG
    414.1 KB · Views: 434
  • DSCN2457.jpg
    DSCN2457.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 417
  • DSCN3034(labeled).jpg
    DSCN3034(labeled).jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 565

WVF150

Observer
Seeing all these storage solutions makes me want my flippac so bad I cant stand it, and it really sucks I live on the east coat and they make them on the west coast and shipping is so freaking high.

Cant wait to get enough money saved to get one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior