Post up your drawer/storage system

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Man, there is some serious creativity going on here.

Is there an agreement on what liner (other than line x) is preferable?

I'm a fan of Raptor liner as a DIY. For smaller, non abuse sensitive stuff I use Duplicolor spray cans in the blue label (not the bed armor garbage).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vladig

Observer
Titan box

Well today i decided to finally build the box i have been thinking about for a while.

Its 63x24x16, with a 60" full extension slide. I made it using MDF as its easy to work with and I ..... have a boatload of it in the shop.

Photo%20Feb%2027,%203%2050%2054%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Feb%2027,%205%2049%2057%20PM.jpg

Made it home and added some of my gear .... it will do just fine :)
IMG_3494.JPG

Last edited:

MLu

Adventurer
This is my first post, and as I haven't seen much online about sleeping systems in the Discovery I thought I'd share my build. It's pretty basic, but the box in the boot has two compartments with storage crates inside. Opened up, it has supporting arms to let you use it as a table / work area. Fold the back seats down, and a platform concertinas out over the seats and gets hooked to the driver & passenger seat headrests to keep it supported. I got some 25mm EVA foam offcuts to make a mattress, which also folds for better storage.

I'm tempted to put a drawer that pulls out to form a kitchen bench, to replace the table hanging from the boot door, but still looking for a good solution - those heavy duty drawer slides are EXPENSIVE! At some point I'll paint it / varnish it too, but right now this cost about £70 all in!

The bed is 180cm long, and I'm 6'3", but my partner and I get a good nights sleep in there - I just sleep at a bit of a diagonal!
Next job is a diy foxwing awning for the tailgate.

Anyway, hope it's useful to someone!

Image 1 - the sleeping platform packed away. The mattress is seen here in blue upholstery.
[/ATTACH]

Image 2 - the bed platform setup.
[/ATTACH]

Image 3 - the storage system underneath with fold-up table.

That's brilliant! I've been thinking about how to incorporate a table of some sort in my rear storage / fold-out bed system.. I just may have to copy that. I've also been thinking about a DIY foxwing-esque awning.

Lucky j

Explorer
This is mine in the back of my LJ

I used 3/8 russian birch I think they are like 7 layers. Could not convince my self that I needed 1/2" even less 3/4". IMO to much weight and to much lost space. And very sturdy anyway as it is.

Fridge and bottom drawer slide lock in and out, only one lock per drawer, alow my one hand on lock and one hand on handle of fridge or drawer. To drawer need to be address as per locking. Did not used locking sliders.

Last picture is the slideing back bottom floor anchor. So I just slide it in and use baby seat rear anchor bolt with low profile bracket to hold it in place.

And as for coating, I wanted to go with truck bed rubber type, but decided that I did not wanted to open the Herculiner new gallon I have for a trailer job, so I went with deck texturized protector. Was cheap, resist scratch really well and cheap. Would not have gone with exterior carpet, because of dirt, dog hair and moisture that would have had to dry and would have ended up with moisture inside. It is a jeep, so top and windows can be down in the rain from time to time.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Rezarf <><

Explorer

Man, I thought I had a thing for pelican cases... Wow, that looks great. Do you think the getting them open and closed each time you want something will get old?

I love the router detail on the drawer face... One of the best looking drawer fronts yet!

This is my first post, and as I haven't seen much online about sleeping systems in the Discovery I thought I'd share my build. It's pretty basic, but the box in the boot has two compartments with storage crates inside. Opened up, it has supporting arms to let you use it as a table / work area. Fold the back seats down, and a platform concertinas out over the seats and gets hooked to the driver & passenger seat headrests to keep it supported. I got some 25mm EVA foam offcuts to make a mattress, which also folds for better storage.

I'm tempted to put a drawer that pulls out to form a kitchen bench, to replace the table hanging from the boot door, but still looking for a good solution - those heavy duty drawer slides are EXPENSIVE! At some point I'll paint it / varnish it too, but right now this cost about £70 all in!

The bed is 180cm long, and I'm 6'3", but my partner and I get a good nights sleep in there - I just sleep at a bit of a diagonal!

Image 1 - the sleeping platform packed away. The mattress is seen here in blue upholstery.
View attachment 388508

View attachment 388509

View attachment 388510

Nice work, and welcome to ExPo! Cheers :beer:

vladig

Observer
Man, I thought I had a thing for pelican cases... Wow, that looks great. Do you think the getting them open and closed each time you want something will get old?

I love the router detail on the drawer face... One of the best looking drawer fronts yet!

Thank you, however i have to admit....they are not Pelican cases ( 20 dollar Sams Club ) and I put them in there just for "testing" and a photo op :)

chand-o

View attachment 388508

View attachment 388509

View attachment 388510

If your drawer capacity wont be that heavy there are some slides in the link below that are rated to 120kg. Nothing fancy about them i.e. no lock in/out, but might be of use.

https://www.eurofitdirect.co.uk/collections/heavy-duty-slides

SSSSTFIRE

Adventurer
Thank you, however i have to admit....they are not Pelican cases ( 20 dollar Sams Club ) and I put them in there just for "testing" and a photo op :)

Sams Club??? Really?? What's the part number or manufacturer if any? Very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jspeers89

I have a teraflex cargo shelf above my arb fridge. Does anyone know of a material other than carpet to put on the shelf to help the constant vibration of the fold up chairs (in there storage bags) from occurring. Looking for something that is either plastic/vinyl or some other creative material to fix this problem. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne