Post up your drawer/storage system

RPhil

Adventurer
Yes those are the Accuride 500# locking slides, and they do require two handed operation the way the boxes you see above are built. See www.trekboxx.com for some even better work and an idea on how to install a handle next to the locking mechanism for one handed operaton.

I am a huge fan of the Accuride slides, have used them for ARB63qt fridge slides and as long as a 60" unit and has held up wonderfully. I've got the tool and recovery gear drawer in the back of my 100 very heavily loaded and the accurides are as smooth as silk.

Great- thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

SDmtnbkr

That Drifta setup looks awesome, really well thought out.

I finished up my drawers yesterday. Just need to mount some d-rings to the top for tie downs and a bottle opener on the front of one of the drawers.

This is exactly what I want to build for my 3rd gen 4Runner! Can you tell me who makes these lockable latches?

SouthTXplorer

Observer
SouthTXplorer-that is about the slimmest drawer I've ever seen. Where did you get them? How deep into the truck do they go?

you can find them online... JOBOX 1402980 2-Drawer Long Floor Heavy-Duty Aluminum Drawer Storage - (24"W x 6"H x 50"L)

I like em, they could use some sound dampening tho, so i threw some cardboard under them to try to level it out (there are plastic moldings that the rear seats latch onto)

mcnally

Here's my storage setup so far in my 80 series. I had a lot of inspiration from all the awesome builds on here.
IMG_1558.jpg
IMG_1559.jpg
IMG_1560.jpg
IMG_1201.jpg
IMG_1449.jpg
I've recently removed the back seats (second row) and am working on a storage platform and fridge/cooler slide in place of the seats that still allows me to have a usable sleeping platform.

mcnally

That looks real nice, nice work with the material too. How deep are those drawers, ~10"?
Thanks! It's all 3/4 plywood glued and pocket screwed. The overall box is 12" high. The drawers worked out to be about 8.5 high x 17 x 36 which happened to be JUST high enough to fit the plano tackle boxes I use for storage of various hardware/spare parts/electrical stuff.
IMG_1605.jpg

Last edited:

mcnally

Solid work!

Thanks a lot! It's worked out well for me so far. It gets the bulk of my stuff out of the way yet still easily accessible. I'm itching for more storage though, so another "kitchen" drawer on top for food may be in order. Something that I could take in and out depending on the configuration I want for the trip. I have a roof tent but it'd still be nice to be able to sleep in the truck on short trips and when I don't feel like lugging the tent along.

-Max
1997 FZJ80

Vannibal Smith

Here's the sleeping platform/storage I made for my e350. I know it's very simple compared to everything you guys have been posting, but I use the van for a lot of other things, so I tried to come up with a quick release system as easy as the stock benches. For that reason, I ended up using the legs from a stock bench, and just bolted on some 4x4 posts to get the desired height. It's tall enough to store 18 gallon Rubbermaid containers, and just fists my large ice chest. I made it tri-fold into the middle, so that it can be removed through the rear doors. I also put hinges on most of the support legs to help with removing the bench, and make it possible to open the sections of the platform from inside the car if needed. Still working on the foam mattress so I'll post update pics later. Thanks for all the inspiration!
IMG_2077.JPGIMG_2081.JPGIMG_2083.JPGIMG_2079.JPGIMG_2086.JPGIMG_1875.JPGIMG_1871.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiktaalik

Supporting Sponsor
Defender Cargo Slider

I'm in the process of designing a cargo slider for the Defender 90/110. I plan on using heavy duty Accuride locking sliders with full extension. Here are some screenshots of the first round of CAD. If any other Defender owners are interested I may end up having a few extras fabricated.

IMG_6444.JPGIMG_6446.JPGIMG_6445.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier