Post up your drawer/storage system

fireball

Explorer
The thing I like about this thread is that everyone is looking for the right solution for their particular situation and the way they use their vehicle.

I must've read through a half dozen times before designing and building my setup. What works great for us may not work at all for someone else!

Kitchen drawer with removable lock out 100 pound slides:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1465411472.918756.jpg

Recovery and tool side with permanent 500 pound Accuride lock in lock out slides:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1465411531.310499.jpg

Heifer Boy

Adventurer
Interesting stuff about the slick strips. Please make sure you post back when you have tried the graphite or chosen some other solution. I've always used UHMDPE for slides but was going to try slick strips next time. They look like a nice simple solution.

You say they slide on wood ok. What did you finished the wood with? Epoxy, poly, oil?

HB

Lucky j

Explorer
Damn... that's a clean layout. Very nice!

This is indeed a nice tool set-up, but there is no way I could live with all (sorry to say it like that) that wasted space in between tools in my jeep. I need all the space I can find, and foam is one kind of free space for me. Tool rolls or tool bag will reduce tool noise and will be good on space.

But again, we go with what we like.

Talking about that, I was a guy who would be piling bins. I still do, but I finally got my drawer kit in the back of my LJ and even now that I do not plan a trip for at least a few weeks, I like them to much to pull them out. But the weight is now there for nothing. I have the fridge slide, and two drawer on the right. And no more need to tie stuff and bins down anymore. Exept the one on top of the drawer set-up.

Bins are now just for the trailer.

But the fact that you could remove a single drawer bin is interresting. Will think about something.

Bretthn

Explorer
Updated the drawer

Continuing to get ready for camping in GWNF next weekend and got my storage drawer put back in the Lexus today. Before throwing it in the wife and I did some major organizing work for the kitchen utensils. I have always stored them in a couple small rubbermaid containers that seem to always get buried by everything else and were a chore to find, especially in the dark. Not a problem anymore!

With the gap from the drawer slides and the notch I cut from the side of the drawer we have a total of 1.5 inches of space which worked perfectly. I am thinking of storing a small cutting board on the other side but I first need to replace the crappy round one that came with an old pan set.

I'm hoping to add some dividers to the drawer tomorrow and also paint the interior white. The white interior will hopefully make finding items a little easier. The dividers are definitely needed in a drawer this large and should have been added a long time ago to prevent everything from just piling on top of eachother.

Brett

Kosmo

Adventurer
Nice setup.

I'm hoping to add some dividers to the drawer tomorrow and also paint the interior white. The white interior will hopefully make finding items a little easier. The dividers are definitely needed in a drawer this large and should have been added a long time ago to prevent everything from just piling on top of eachother.

Brett

Nice job. Did you use Marine plywood?

Bretthn

Explorer
Nice job. Did you use Marine plywood?

No, the drawer is birch plywood I believe, cant remember exactly.

The cutlery is attached to some massonite that had a dry erase board material on one side. The dividers will probably be done in 3/8 inch pine plywood since that is what I have scraps of.

jrob

Observer
Finally got around to executing my cargo build for my 5th Gen 4runner. I have spent countless hours pouring through this thread and looking at the various ideas people have, as well as researching slides and materials. Huge thanks to all the contributors thus far and hope ya'll like this one.

13502054_10154372497109267_5998317923362073000_n.jpg

13528895_10154372497179267_8725795483040071126_n.jpg

Bretthn

Explorer
Finally got around to executing my cargo build for my 5th Gen 4runner. I have spent countless hours pouring through this thread and looking at the various ideas people have, as well as researching slides and materials. Huge thanks to all the contributors thus far and hope ya'll like this one.

Awesome job! I still need to enclose my fridge slide so I can stack gear on top when needed. I like the storage behind the fridge. That would be perfect for the small bags I keep groups of gear in.

T-Rey1

Adventurer

Very nice. Where did you source the drawer slides from and what size are they?

jrob

Observer
Thanks, I made that space with dry goods in mind, bread/cookies wine haha.
The two drawers are 32x19x6 so plenty of room for gear over there. Trying to figure out a way to fit a cook top in the drawer below the fridge without breaking the bank. Kicking around the idea of disassembling the Coleman stove and using the parts for something custom and low profile.

jswift716

Adventurer
Thanks, I made that space with dry goods in mind, bread/cookies wine haha.
The two drawers are 32x19x6 so plenty of room for gear over there. Trying to figure out a way to fit a cook top in the drawer below the fridge without breaking the bank. Kicking around the idea of disassembling the Coleman stove and using the parts for something custom and low profile.
My girlfriend bought me a thinner single burner butane stove for Christmas that's maybe 8 inches total tall in the carry box it came with. I know it wasn't too pricey

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94