Post up your drawer/storage system

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
If you can somehow get your hands on FIBERTHANE sheeting it's wicked strong AND light. I keep meaning to get in contact with Mario from Adventure Overland (Trailers) to see if they sell it or know how us mere mortal can go about getting it but I have yet to do so.

rayra

Expedition Leader
Just want to post my thanks to everyone for the info and images provided and say 'hello'. Spent the last couple nights viewing all the pages of this topic, gleaning great ideas for various elements and material sources, to aid in the design of my own 2-drawer / platform / power bus. I'll be trying to meld requirements for road trips / camping, trips to the shooting range, on- and off-road emergency and fix-it gear, and support for mobile HAM radio ops. All in a flat / low 2 drawer / platform system, and some back door mounted racks. First in the back / 3rd row area on our '05 Tahoe, and this summer in a '96-97 K2500 Suburban (which I'm shopping for now)
I've had a lot of experience building things and working on / modifying vehicles with a lot of different materials, and in creative design, so I hope I can return the favor and soon post some build pics and ideas that others might also find useful.

Rich

Mikey, Rueben is looking good. Having recently moved to Phx from the east coast, I really notice all the old pickups that would have rusted un half by now.

I too share your love of bicycles and milk crates. Two of the best inventions of all time!

LBPtaco

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Started this on Sunday, was about to finish tonight but the rain came...

IMG-20130305-00532_zpsc8eec8f2.jpg

Drawers are 3'4" deep, 8" tall, and 18" wide. Theres 2 Batteries up front on the right side and I plan on a water tank forward on the left side at some point too.

LBPtaco

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Thanks! I ended up going with EverStart 27DC-6 Marine Batteries, mostly because they were actually short enough to fit underneath. 109 amp hours each.

dyogim

Explorer
Not in the truck you but, I recently purchased a Jobox drawer set-up. This will be the main focal point on how the rest of the storage, platform will be built in the bed. It's 36" wide, 6" tall and 26" deep. It'll be used for tools, recovery gear and what ever else I can fit. As soon as the motor swap is done, I'll be working on this to get ready for camping season....

Tassajara-20130222-00421.jpg

Ramjet

Explorer
Wow. That's nice but too rich for me. You could probably run over it with your truck. Love to see it in your truck.

dyogim

Explorer
Wow. That's nice but too rich for me. You could probably run over it with your truck. Love to see it in your truck.

LOL!!! Definitely expensive. Luckily, I found it on CL and it only cost me $100. It's brand new! SCORE!!!! They had a slightly used side box for $60 i was going to pick up. Decided not to. I want any additional storage to be leveled with the drawer. I plan on mounting it up against the tailgate, Maybe have it raised a few inches from the bed. This will allow me to install a slide out table underneath. Or mount the drawer to a platform and have it slide out for any storage compartments I build behind the drawer. This will make loading and unloading easily accessible. Without having to climb in.

dyogim

Explorer
Craigs List for $100!? Dang, I'll give you $150 for it right now...LOL

LOL! Surprisingly, the CL ad was up for a few days. The seller bought it new and cheap because of some minor cosmetic damage to one of the corners. He repaired it and decided to sell it. I'll hurry up and swap my motor and get more pics of the drawer project....

00XJ

Just built this one for my XJ. All I have left is to install a locking paddle latch, bolt it down completely and load it up. It measures approximately 42x28x13" and the slides are rated for 250lbs. Sorry for the iPhone pics.

CE961CA2-BCD6-49ED-BEF2-A84A51D2F60B-2338-000004C8273D96F6_zps90718515.jpg

FB47EC55-5AD9-405D-A7BC-DCACEAD2829F-2338-000004C82F0AA1BB_zps975a741e.jpg

2841C689-5FC9-42B1-BE1C-437D994A6181-2338-000004C835797933_zps0e0a8eb9.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94