Post up your drawer/storage system

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
For those of you that are putting a fridge on a slider, what are you using for the wiring when it extends and retracts to keep it from getting pinched or hung up on something?

Thanks!

I find what works best is to wrap the cord around the handle first. This brings the cord up high and away from any moving parts. Leave enough cord to follow the fridge when you extend it on the slide.

If the handles don't work for you, bolt on a tie-down loop near the top and pass the cord through the loop. Keeping the cord high will keep it out of harms way.

emillika

Observer
I am looking for some type of quick release mounting system for a pickup bed toolbox. I have a second box I picked up that sits between the rails that I want to mount towards the tailgate but I don't want to have a laborious process to get it out when needed. Does any one have any leads on where to find something that I might be able to utilize?

Thanks.

pyrate

Rollin' along
I find what works best is to wrap the cord around the handle first. This brings the cord up high and away from any moving parts. Leave enough cord to follow the fridge when you extend it on the slide.

If the handles don't work for you, bolt on a tie-down loop near the top and pass the cord through the loop. Keeping the cord high will keep it out of harms way.

Thanks. If anyone has any pictures they can post, that would be great too. : )

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
Thanks. If anyone has any pictures they can post, that would be great too. : )

I wrap the cord a few time around the fridge handle; that way if it snags it will not pull out or damage the plug or receptacle. With the cord held high, it has never snagged or caught in the slide mechanism.

fridge cord.jpg

Ruined Adventures

Brenton Cooper
I am looking for some type of quick release mounting system for a pickup bed toolbox. I have a second box I picked up that sits between the rails that I want to mount towards the tailgate but I don't want to have a laborious process to get it out when needed. Does any one have any leads on where to find something that I might be able to utilize?

Thanks.
Some high-rated ratchet straps and eye-bolts would be best. You could also use turnbuckles, but they wouldn't be as quick release. I'm sure there's more elegant solutions, but I'd doubt that there's something out there that's a better bang for your buck, while still being safe.

Texan1983

Adventurer
heres mine, simple and usefull. rear door not on yet, but it's functional now.

2012-02-02_21-11-18_240.jpg

2012-02-02_22-20-33_134.jpg

2012-02-02_22-20-18_966.jpg

2012-02-02_22-23-18_978.jpg

gunnermoose

Adventurer
2006 Dodge Ram

All I have been following this thread and figured I would make a go at it. I joined back in 2008, but had not determined if I was going to buy and build a different truck. I bought my truck new and figured I might as well get going on something. So I started with storage. I have camped in the back of my truck for since I have owned it, but as many of you have mentioned had to struggle with storage and sleeping at the same time. Additionally, I agree with some of the other comments about the ability to take it out so I went with container vice drawers. This may change in the future. I started yesterday and this is where I am as of today.

The canvas....
P1010053.jpg

P1010055.jpg

P1010056.jpg

P1010057.jpg

The plan is to have it in the truck tomorrow. Then as I have seen over the year... LET THE MODIFICATIONS BEGIN!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles