Post up your drawer/storage system

sionnach

Observer
Todd, did you get the rails and hardware locally? I'm in Seattle as well and haven't began my search yet.

Hi Adrenaline -
I got the Southco handles at West Marine, though there are other variations you can get at Fisheries Supply over in Ballard. (great shop by the way, lots of good stuff to adapt to vehicle use from boating).
The drawer slides I had to order to get the best pricing.
http://www.drawerslides.com/p/kv8805b-24

Cheers!
--
Todd

Blizz

Observer
That's my rear cargo system. I've not drawers, I prefer boxes, so I used Euro boxes instead.

_MG_6948.jpg

_MG_6949.jpg

_MG_6953.jpg

_MG_6977.jpg

_MG_6978.jpg

_MG_6979.jpg

_MG_6980.jpg

_MG_7019.jpg

_MG_7021.jpg

_MG_7020.jpg

_MG_7023.jpg

_MG_7351.jpg

_MG_7349.jpg

Cheers,

David

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
That's one sweet build! I cant understand why you go to all that detail and then only hold the fridge in with a flimsy bungee cord....HAHA!!

Nice building skills!

RichardT

Adventurer
This is the best thread ever....It has taken me about 2-3 days to sift through every page, some of you guys are ingenious :). I'm in the planning phase right now for min, just finished measuring the interior dimensions of my 95 Monty to see what I have to work with.
The main things I want in a storage system is:

1. Room for a water tank with plumbing and a hand pump
2. A 2nd battery, and a place to have a DC to AC inverter for whatever may come
3. Room for a 10" sub
4. Cooking platform
5. Room for spare fluids and tools
6. The ability for the platform to fold back so I can use the rear bench (I have a 19mo old son that needs to get strapped in, and this is my DD, so I need the versatility to bring other people along)

I have gotten a lot of great ideas from you guys, and I have a few of my own. I just wish I had more time, my school semester starts next Monday, but I figure if I donate a few hours a week to this project, I can get it done in no time :)

mountain mike

This has been a great thread. Thank you everyone who posted up their storage systems. I was able to get a lot of great ideas, maybe too many great ideas. :) I wanted to add in a small water tank but I ran out of room and couldn't fit one. Maybe in phase two when I able to convince the misses we really don't need the rear seats, so far she's just budging on that one.
After building one box last year and going off road quite a bit I needed to make a few adjustments to get it trail worthy again. Mainly the latches were not holding and the drawer and fridge and they would slide back and forth a few inches. Hopefully this one will hold up better.
-
-

-
-

-
-

-
-

-
-

-
-

-
-

-
-
-
-
More can be found here. http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...untain-mikes-rear-cargo-box-fridge-slide.html

mountain mike

That's what it looks like.

Is the wire barrier vehicle specific, that the shotgun/axe are attached too?

Yep, Quickfists are holding the shotgun. They work, but I would like something made more specifically for a gun.
The barrier is vehicle specific. I got it from Springtail Solutions; they have a lot of really cool stuff. Mainly just for FJ's and Jeeps. They have recently expanded into Yukon/Tahoe application as well. I don't want to get in trouble for posting a link to a non supporting vender, but if you Google them you will find more info.

Nice build:clapsmile

Thank you.

eric1115

Adventurer
Mike, what are your thoughts on accessibility? Is it primarily a bear thing for you? Do you unpack it for quicker access once in camp? I'm just thinking that even if you're not starting from the driver's seat, most any situation where I need a firearm for protection is a situation where I probably don't have time to crawl over all my cargo in the truck to retrieve it. I've struggled with how to store a long gun that's secure and quickly accessible at the same time. Handguns are easy, but they're a pretty substantial step down the scale in terms of stopping power.

-Eric

mountain mike

If my life depended on getting to that shotgun, I will most likely lose it. It is not the best place for accessibility, having to open the rear door, reach over the box, undo the quick fists and grab the gun. Not to mention the FJ's rear door isn't the most accessible to start with. By the time I turned around to use it I would most likely be dead, heck if my life was in immediate danger I would be luckily to get the rear door open. However, with the limited room I have left in the FJ it is up out of the way and it is difficult to see with the tinted windows. Not to mention it looks bad ***.
The shotgun is currently not in the FJ and honestly will not be 99% of the time. It's my home defense gun, well one of my home defense guns, and spends most of its time close to my bed. It will be stored on the rack when I go out camping or ghost town/mine hunting, never know when you might run into a ghost. :ar15:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier