might as well throw mine out here, or what of it is done, lol
DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

Slide a drawer open:
DSC_0024.jpg

and you have a table top..
DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

Now I need to finish the Sleeping platform, varnish it, and put the mattress in and Im ready lol

Reactions: WVI

suecyde

Observer
Nugget I think you have one of the nicest setups I have ever seen..If you were closer to California I would actually pay you to design the same system in my FJ... Great Job..

I may have to snatch up your design and pay a shop around here to replicate it.:sombrero:

RgrBox

Adventurer
Nugget: You should start making and selling those racks.. man that is a great design.. I don't think anyone makes them like that.. very nice.

Does anyone out there have a link for someone who makes these rack storage systems for 4x4s..?

Merci,

RB

nugget

Observer
Thanks guys. I had a lot of fun designing and building it.

I can not remember the brand of slides. i got them from a cabinet shop supplier. They are heavy duty rated to I think it was 250kgs and extend about 850mm. Very strong with steel ball bearing runners.

suecyde if you lived closer you could have the basis of this one as I am going to be rebuilding the carcass from aluminium tube to reduce the weight a bit...and for the fun...I bought a new mig welder which will weld aluminium and I need the practice!!

nugget

Observer
Nugget: You should start making and selling those racks.. man that is a great design.. I don't think anyone makes them like that.. very nice.

Does anyone out there have a link for someone who makes these rack storage systems for 4x4s..?

Merci,

RB

Thanks mate..it is the culmination of 40 years of camping plus seeing what others do etc.

This company is big in Aussie and makes excellent systems...just lack the "nugget" innovation...hahahahhaha

http://www.blackwidow4wdstorage.com/drawer_systems/draw_extensions.htm

AZUnlimited

Adventurer
Nugget: Looks amazing :wings: Do you have any other pictures of the 50L water tank and pump setup? Did you make the tank yourself or purchase it?

JamesDowning

Explorer
This is what my rear cargo area looks like for 'light outings'. As in, just hitting a trail, no planned overnight stuff:

rca09.jpg

I made the box to fit storage boxes that I used to organize all my equipment. Although, some of the larger boxes just get strapped to the top side of the box.

rca11.jpg

I didn't like the idea of closing off any storage areas, so I built in a flap so we can still store things in the tub under the drawer.

Also note the retaining pin that is used to hold the drawer in or out.

rca14.jpg

Ric

Adventurer
heres another shot of mine is use, lol
DSC_0025.JPG

Just got to get that sleeping platform done, lol

RgrBox

Adventurer
I built my storage area in my Lanrover last weekend.. but I can't up load any pics from ym home computor.. I'll try to get pics up this week.

RB

roamingaz

Explorer
Here's how I did my drawer system, I am thinking of changing it around a bit though.
2008and2009pictures751.jpg

2008and2009pictures753.jpg

I really like that my pulpal and max axe fits perfect, no rattles:victory:

2008and2009pictures754.jpg

this is the other drawer

2008and2009pictures755.jpg

I use one of the drawers for my camp kitchen, everything I need except food items, I keep that in a Pelican case.

2008and2009pictures756.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles