Post up your drawer/storage system

motoboss

Bad Influence
Ok collective, first off let me say thank you for the great information and inspiration in this thread. I'm a complete n00b when it comes to any advanced woodworking. I do have the tools and knowledge in general construction but no experience in cabinet construction, other than making a box.

I'm working on plans for my Jeep XJ drawer, frig storage unit. Question is, where do I find a double pull out slide for my stove/prep tray combination? I have seen several units with a pull-out flat surface then a pull out under that holding a stove. That's my ideal set up, but for the life of me can't find any information on where to purchase or how to install. Google has not been my friend.

I'm also looking for the slides to hold my Yeti 45 cooler on a slide out.
The system in this video is the unit I am wanting to copy. Any help on sources?

https://youtu.be/iXWjDUnotJQ

images (1).jpeg

Last edited:

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
Ok collective, first off let me say thank you for the great information and inspiration in this thread. I'm a complete n00b when it comes to any advanced woodworking. I do have the tools and knowledge in general construction but no experience in cabinet construction, other than making a box.

I'm working on plans for my Jeep XJ drawer, frig storage unit. Question is, where do I find a double pull out slide for my stove/prep tray combination? I have seen several units with a pull-out flat surface then a pull out under that holding a stove. That's my ideal set up, but for the life of me can't find any information on where to purchase or how to install. Google has not been my friend.

I'm also looking for the slides to hold my Yeti 45 cooler on a slide out.
The system in this video is the unit I am wanting to copy. Any help on sources?

https://youtu.be/iXWjDUnotJQ

View attachment 434860

You might want to check out Goose Gear and AT Overland. They both have a different concept of what you might be looking for.

motoboss

Bad Influence
Thank you
Is the double platform called, a "combo slide"? I don't want to have the stove and frig on the same slide, just a cutting board/prep top and the stove. The AT is way overkill.

Edit;
Ahh I think I see now! Is the double slide just 2 drawers put together, one inside the other? So a box drawer open on the front with a flat prep top on top, and another flat bottom with the stove sitting on it mounted on slides inside the prep top box!
Or am I seeing something else and not getting it?

Last edited:

Outsane

Home built drawer/sleeping platform set up super simple
31f7f25866534f5eecf9a05eefd80c38.jpg
6b633b11b1488ee8e6f962a7ab7df520.jpg
2273fda965bb17e7d745a7cc04bfbaa9.jpg
c4e6cf40d9f48661b8a1868f2e57adc8.jpg
8c8ce63e8c05ce42ceb02c9235bda343.jpg
a138a6f95f343ca830cf56621f4abcb3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

tbisaacs

Adventurer
200 series DIY build

I just completed a drawer build for my 200-series. I have zero wood working experience and this thread was super helpful. I originally had planned on doing a setup with hinged wings but decided against it to simplify the design to my skill level.

Carcass and drawers are 1/2" birch, top is 3/4". Note the HPDE "slides:

Edc6Mm0.jpg

EOEI25X.jpg

Outer height is about 10" to keep my fridge low but also give me the option to sleep on it:

OTGzPpL.jpg

The finish is matte gray, hand-hammer texture. The handles are from an outdoor gate kit. I trimmed the top with an aluminum threshold and an indoor / outdoor mat that I glued down with 3M super 77:

FWFWoI7.jpg

ezJW0PC.jpg

HedQcEW.jpg

oWyr8m9.jpg

7bHbXbf.jpg

7JD45Nw.jpg

SportsmanJake

Adventurer
Has anyone built (or is there documentation somewhere) a truck bed drawer that is weatherproof (exposed to elements) and made out of wood/mdo?
I want to build one similar to TruckVault but would love to get some ideas before I dive in.

So far, I am thinking the following:
* LxWxH: 6x4x1
* 3/8 or 1/2 MDO for outside shell
* 72 inch Accuride sliders for the 2 drawers.
* carpeted drawers
* Bedlined exterior.

Thanks.

MCX

TalesFromTheDesert.com
The Titan rear drawers seem like a great value - Titan Rear Drawers. They have different sizes, too. Unfortunately, I contacted the company (4WD Supacentre) and they don't ship to the US and I can't seem to locate a different distributor. The price and features are great, so I'd be very interested in getting a set for my Xterra.

Last edited:

Charp

Has anyone built (or is there documentation somewhere) a truck bed drawer that is weatherproof (exposed to elements) and made out of wood/mdo?
I want to build one similar to TruckVault but would love to get some ideas before I dive in.

So far, I am thinking the following:
* LxWxH: 6x4x1
* 3/8 or 1/2 MDO for outside shell
* 72 inch Accuride sliders for the 2 drawers.
* carpeted drawers
* Bedlined exterior.

Thanks.
Yeah, built mine with 3/4" plywood and covered it with Deck Restore 10x by Rustoleum. Cheaper and easier than bedliner, but looks the same. I didn't use the Restore thick roller, just a medium sized paint roller. Covered the top with flex seal, but will be removing that because I like the 10x better.

SportsmanJake

Adventurer
Yeah, built mine with 3/4" plywood and covered it with Deck Restore 10x by Rustoleum. Cheaper and easier than bedliner, but looks the same. I didn't use the Restore thick roller, just a medium sized paint roller. Covered the top with flex seal, but will be removing that because I like the 10x better.
Nice. Have you had any issues with water intrusion?

SouthTXplorer

Observer
The Titan rear drawers seem like a great value - Titan Rear Drawers. They have different sizes, too. Unfortunately, I contacted the company (4WD Supacentre) and they don't ship to the US and I can't seem to locate a different distributor. The price and features are great, so I'd be very interested in getting a set for my Xterra.

I bought a similar drawer set up, I think some distributors in the US have them as "van cargo drawer", probably not as robust as those Titans, but I have had no problems throwing my yeti cooler fully loaded on top, and heavy oilfield parts.
storage1.JPG

Reactions: MCX

Dmski

Adventurer
Here is mine! I was tired of digging for gear and having my boxes slide around in the back of the truck. This worked out really well. Built myself a rear storage setup.

I ended up building the whole thing out of 5/8" plywood and used some free southco latches from work, and 100lb drawer slides from rockwell hardware and bolted it to the floor using 3/8" unistrut inset mounts. All in it cost me $80ish dollars and works well. I still need to build a sleeping setup as well build the small side storage compartments using some free hinge material and leftover wood.

KZxbNlMDnv7ESXfu6x-wl13Lmnf_xCmE69TF6MrvN1zKLFqfkS9poQhBwaPYSRj01_EIlBqWVpiGBf9JFJIImE77TPZ_syZBA1rt13T4J5wkgNi4uSlwoOyFMDNLMcUXH4K1UqoohQ

1vVwE0zgxoUMK2nQv0h1XzT5jEnQMgUeZEkai2btjJdyVoVcRIfcHNNC_ZRm8XX5P-TWNnEAW2XJVvLBsiMvo_xIzJysNlbyWHgva-stjNvDtTMqJc1pq2V3CFXjn19exzYol5OKgg

m36RQ8QtqnXChNvCtK65K9hl0eJjJ89iZAvabTODNjoRk42xK_-7xvY0vWPP7dxqAgXEX1gWo_a0JtOkYkuxErmsKgaGvUGX-dT5I-7-zjUE6nyX6I_xJf22DMZ9SkK7lvtKA3I9eQ

rZ2DX9eV37D76rAT6mtXcLIKwOJTtP-4SFjv181CAT3qWKhyGysZRm9dal6638KG0YPD2wZVTRZPRYCB5tqtmhO_JBzUGmS4fVJavidWBRfvb0gEmuRt_QGGAo__PtSyrHP9OBqE-Q

CEQxJNN1bEqRswA8CZgUr2Br3rID63J85IKok1fhezfPyX-_ABuWx5TLtEdWy4LYbj_jkdgnTJZ9VbrvnFlLMzn3hrjsNfJoJEjO_QritScturGtYq3qYGL5EUexxJ635x1Jtoh6Jg

xzpfzdtUsp5C7XqH1p960_8tbqJ5PhE3U5--ol6220th_ySHRbcK_6C4NbhMpyzVCMStVts9XMjyB2NT5q2B3GZ3yyTpii6jELFfqcyOuRezo-9Hi2dSp_4PA2vuua6Ygm9_jigAlA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles