Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

ExpoMike

Congrats to Rex and Carrie. I am very sure you both are so happy to be back together and work through your problems as a couple. It truly does make all the difference in the world and makes overcoming those problems a little bit easier. :wings:

For Kevin, hang in there. I can't say I know exactly what you are going through but I have had my own issues with my knee and dealing with three knee surguries. I have been lucky that we found an injection treatment that is working very well and I am doing things without the pain and major swelling that I used to experience before this treatment.

Hang in there.

Rexsname

Explorer
Latest Update

:arabia: I figured that I would give you fine folks a bit of an update......

I am feeling well enough that I went back to work a couple of weeks ago. I got a job at the local Oil Change shop. The manager actually approached me and asked if I would like to give it a try. I have been a customer there for years. It's more physically demanding than I thought it would be but I seem to be keeping up OK. Carrie is working again also and says she is enjoying it.

Carrie and I have been attending church each week, and while it doesn't feel like 'home' yet, we feel better and are beginning to make friends and getting involved.

I had my nuclear stress test done on my heart yesterday, I wont know the results for a few days but I'd guess I did OK.

We still have the legal issue hanging over our heads, so there is that big stressor for us to deal with. More hurry up and wait and all the frustrations that go along with it.

Our finances are looking pretty grim about now. ( anyone else?) We are going to be renting out one of our bedrooms and opening our home. I'm not real excited about this but the money will be a welcome addition.

With all the support and prayers that you all have sent our way, I thought I would again say "Thank you!!" Hope to see you on the trail:safari-rig:

REX

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
I had just thought yesterday to send you a PM asking how you're doing. While not all great news, it sounds like things are generally looking up!

How about the others who've posted? Any updates on your situations?

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Rex, it's great to hear from you. You were very much on my mind recently. We haven't heard much from you since your trip to NorCal. It's great to hear that you guys have found work and are on the path towards physical and spiritual health. I am now shifting my prayers for financial health...for all of us!

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
I have been doing pretty good. Work has been fun, went to a large fire in the Los Feliz area a few days ago, a paper warehouse went up in flames. Thats why guys become firemen, right? I feel like I dodged a bullet a few weeks ago. I usually ride on the hook and ladder but our captain had a meeting so I took his spot on the engine. Just as I switched my gear to the engine the hook and ladder and paramedic rescue were dispatched to a train derailment, the Metrolink train wreck. They spent the next 12 hours pulling bodies out of the twisted wreckage. I was fortunate to remain back at the station. While I feel i am in a good place and can handle an incident of that magnitude, I am glad I didnt have to. When our rescue returned to the station the medics had that thousand yard stare in their eyes and it took them a few days to start acting like themselves again.
Like I said, it's good to feel like I can handle a big incident but feel fortunate when I dont have to.

Rexsname

Explorer
Kevin,

I'm glad you missed that. Even tho you would have been able to do your job well and professionaly, I'd bet that it would have set you back. See to it that your co-workers get the help that they need (and may not ask for)

Glad you're well enough to post!

REX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94