Post pictures of your Land Rover.

coop74

Old Camping Dude
The ongoing project of my 99 Disco 2. a lovely pain in the butt...

Attachments

• Wash_job.jpg
    Wash_job.jpg
    376.8 KB · Views: 39

A.J.M

Explorer
Alan is your series using later axles? Neat car!

Yeah, it’s a series 1 chassis, bodywork and identify for dvla registration.

However, it’s got a 2.25 petrol 3 bearing engine in it. 901 stamp for engine so I think it’s a 2a engine... ( tbc )
It’s got a 2a gearbox and transfer box.
And S3 front and rear axels.

It’s also got RRC steel wheels with 7.50 tyres that have been modified ( heat up and hammered out ) to fit the drum brakes.
Fuel tank is in the back under the tub and between the chassis rails.

It’s far from pretty and originality but it’s a proper laugh and it’s revvy engine and light weight and small size makes it pretty competitive against its newer stable mates.

Of course, going from the D3 to it is a culture shock. No pas, no brake servo, no disc brakes, no synchro on 1st and 2nd gears.

And like all Landys, it’s got a name.

Monty.

BikePilot

I took the family up Mt Evans over the holiday weekend. Not off road but I liked the reflection of the mountain goats in the Landy's flank. Also the LR4 did wonderfully hauling 6 people and our stuff up above 13k elevation.

Attachments

• IMG_20180901_130140.jpg
    IMG_20180901_130140.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
I took the family up Mt Evans over the holiday weekend. Not off road but I liked the reflection of the mountain goats in the Landy's flank. Also the LR4 did wonderfully hauling 6 people and our stuff up above 13k elevation.

That's NV/Utah area correct? I have friend selling some property out there near the park at Mt Evans and I want to get out there and check it out. How is the weather there now?

chasema

what CVT tent is shown on this photo?

The Tent was a Mt. Bachelor I believe, it was one of their smallest ones at the time. I think it is like 48”x48” when it’s folded up which makes it the perfect fit for the baja racks roof rack. It fits right between the rails, I chose the one with the rails because I like the look of it more and find it more functional when the tent isn’t up there (i.e. the next six months)

Nice Pin-striping! ;)

Thanks! This thing has been through a lot, I have a nice low miles coniston green body, no sunroofs etc. waiting to drop on the chassis this winter to keep the show-a-goin!

Ryan...

Got the girlfriend behind the wheel yesterday!

44142061744_543b6f379a_b.jpg

30990440658_7a121d12c0_b.jpg

30990437248_9a38567034_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online