Post pictures of your Land Rover.

obselesc

5c46b0c72aeed39d9c6bbb8ce7bd6e08.jpg

Brother drove a few thousand miles from the east coast to the west so that we could get this picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jwestpro

Explorer
I was told these non-E rated duratracs would split in half the moment they saw a rock. Luckily no such issues :) Friend brought his Dakota along as well, you can see him here having a blast.

Van Epp's Pass, Cle Elum, WA

Lol give it time...you were warned.

For other people considering a new tire, IMO, it’s a simple matter of fact that using non E load off road is just a matter of time for failure to occur.

Also keep in mind it’s not a good idea to run non E tires too low on psi. There are multiple benefits to their engineering, not just the much tougher sidewall.

The tougher tire allows for nice low psi which equates to better traction and articulation range by way of tire flex. Not to mention the lovely ride when it a lot rougher.

Lower psi also allows tires to conform over sharp objects rather than resist them and risking puncture.

When ‘better’ is readily available, there’s really no reason not to go with that.

I’ve done over 400,000 miles in 4wd vehicles since 2001 but what do i know...

Someone who does know is my friend who’s an “off road tactical driving” instructor as well as a track racing instructor. He said recently he wouldn’t want to drive further off road on non E tires than he felt like walking out of if necessary.

It’s just such an easy area to reduce risk in when so many things in life we must leave almost entirely to chance. :)

Have fun out there!

naks

My Puma during a trip to Namibia in 2011, and my 'new' RRS supercharged v8

Attachments

• Namibia.JPG
    Namibia.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_8983_Custom.JPG
    DSC_8983_Custom.JPG
    907.4 KB · Views: 59

Blaise

^ Jake, you're welcome to come wheel with me anytime. I'm in Seattle but who cares, we like driving. No heavy wheeling for me this weekend, but some pretty views on the peninsula:

eDmm8cC.jpg

IxSXQdd.jpg

YRMPD6s.jpg

T9ESGxw.jpg

ztqOsDn.jpg

eFcqojh.jpg

Gotta love living in the PNW.

A.J.M

Explorer
EAC14C91-488F-4AB3-9911-7017BE410555.jpeg

Weekend fun with my 1950 80” Series one.

Like quite a few series cars in the UK, it’s been converted to a trails car.
Rollcage etc.

Was competing in an RTV competition and despite being nearly 68 years old, after 5 stages I had picked up only 3 points.
Competing against a series 3 and 15 defenders of various ages.

Good fun, till I broke a half shaft. Oops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles