Post pictures of your Land Rover.

Tinkers

My Disco2 project that never ends, I love this truck:
EYju6fIl.jpg

The "camper" setup I built with cabinets & a fold-out bed:
EqSWG4dl.jpg

Biggest phase of the project so far, currently swapping in a 4-cylinder Cummins turbo diesel engine & 5-speed manual:
30ozfQhl.jpg

DETOUR-GP

Rockstar
My Disco2 project that never ends, I love this truck:
EYju6fIl.jpg

The "camper" setup I built with cabinets & a fold-out bed:
EqSWG4dl.jpg

Biggest phase of the project so far, currently swapping in a 4-cylinder Cummins turbo diesel engine & 5-speed manual:
30ozfQhl.jpg

That really does look awesome!!! question, where do you store the mattress?

Tinkers

That really does look awesome!!! question, where do you store the mattress?

I use either a lightweight hiking style air-pad or a nearly twin sized air-foam mattress, both of which roll up & stow away under the bed/bench bifold section. Smaller hiker style one seen here in orange:
KzUdOc9h.jpg

NnHHu17h.jpg

Tinkers

How is this drawer unit attached to the vehicle?

Bolted down into the body using the original threaded holes that used to be for the rear seats, cargo tie-down loops, seat belt brackets etc. The taller section breaks down into upper & lower halves, you can make out the seam in that carpet at the back there. Each long lower section has 7-8 bolts through the marine plywood into the floor, seen in this photo during the construction as I was marking out & chasing thru the lower plate into the floor insulation:

TZD6JLBh.jpg

I see a serious design flaw in this camping set-up; and that flaw is that I now have to go and redesign my own camping set up for something like this in my D3! :Wow1::wings::wings::wings:

Dude, that is a bada$$ set-up! Oh, and loving the Cummins swap idea too!

#following

cosmiccharlie

Explorer
The camping setup is cool, but what about that Cummins turbo diesel! That is awesome! Are you using the stock drive train? How are you going to make it all work with the D2 BCU, ECU, TCU, etc?

Tinkers

The camping setup is cool, but what about that Cummins turbo diesel! That is awesome! Are you using the stock drive train? How are you going to make it all work with the D2 BCU, ECU, TCU, etc?

The custom camper was plenty of work, but this drive train swap is on a whole different level! Ton of fun though :D

I'm keeping the rover axles for now, at least until the next phase of the build when I build a 3-link front & 4-link rear suspension. The LT230 transfer-case will stay too & get upgrades (center lock, cross pin, case sleeve), although it'll be divorced from the NV4500 via single u-joint.

No worries about the original electrics... because they're all getting the axe! The Cummins only needs 2 or 3 wires to operate & one of my big aims with the project is to simplify as much as I can manage. So I'll build my own pared down system with spec-55 wire, deutsch connectors, breakers instead of fuses, etc.

Patrollife

Explorer
The Defender is my buddy’s but we do a lot of expo’s together. I own an FJC and Patrol GQ and thought to share some pics of our rigs together in this group.

ca5996d85d289e79aa1dc813df9f6e9d.jpg
4ff42ec7e1eeb0be0d188e918e6e85fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longtallsally

Adventurer
Finished a 2” lift and decided to take the Disco out and play a bit with the kids. They had a blast and I have to say I'm really impressed with the Disco. No sway bar disconnects, barely larger than OEM tires, and still has airbags in the rear. Not even aired down.

IMG_1928-XL.jpg

Finished a 2” lift and decided to take the Disco out and play a bit with the kids. They had a blast and I have to say I’m really impressed with the Disco. No sway bar disconnects, barely larger than OEM tires, and still has airbags in the rear. Not even aired down.

IMG_1928-XL.jpg

That's a clean looking Disco! What size tire and wheel package and what trail is this on?

Longtallsally

Adventurer
Just BFG KO2s: 265 60 18 on the OEM wheels.

As for the trail, no clue. It's a few minutes from the house around Farmington Canyon (north of SLC).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles