Post pictures of your Land Rover.

ABBB

f2a9225c6530889def76bb32f7170463.jpg

‘08 LR3 HSE.
d474a334f1ca3bc33f64f2de36fc3eb8.jpg

ClovisMan

Observer
This is my 2001 Discovery 2 LE dubbed "The Goat" because it goes anywhere you point it. This is the only pic I have on this PC of him. I'll be out this weekend at the Hill Country Rover Rally at Hidden Falls in Spicewood, TX. I should have some better pics and film then.
Lifted.jpg

SkiWill

IMG_3674.jpeg

Just finished up an 800 mile trip through Utah canyon country with the family. Very satisfied with the Land Rover's performance and comfort on the trip. The Colorado Teardrop trailer is proving to fit our needs nicely. I need to start a thread on the LR4 and trailer. I've certainly learned a lot about both roaming around with three kids.

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
1991 ex-Australian Army Land Rover 110 "Perentie" Regional Force Surveillance Vehicle (RFSV). One of about 250 made, this one sports the upgraded mission kit as installed in most of the RFSV fleet around 2009-2010. The RFSV is the long range patrol version of the Australian Army Perentie and was used by Regional Force Surveillance Group units patrolling Australia's north. This particular vehicle operated out of Alice Springs in Central Australia.

Out of all of the 4x4 models of the Perentie, these RFSV variants are probably the most expedition-worthy right out of the box, having as they do dual fuel tanks, lower gearing in low range, upgraded diffs, disc brakes all round, power steering, 12v dual battery system, a 1m unprepared fording height, capacity to carry LOTS of extra fuel and water plus up to three spare wheels and you could probably chuck a fourth spare onto the roof rack. All with excellent lockable interior storage, a removable third seat in the rear (not road-legal unfortunately), and a well designed canvas canopy which definitely does keep the rain out.

I've had it since early April and it's become my daily driver. I'm looking forward to exploring northwestern Australia in it soon after the wet season breaks in 2023.

There's not really much to do to it, since it is so capable as it is, so my mods so far have been minor - extra driving lights (IR), extra UHF and HF antenna mounts, etc.

View attachment 739131
View attachment 739133
View attachment 739129
View attachment 739130
This is another variant of the Australian Army Land Rovers.
P1080788E.jpgP1080787E.jpgP1080786E.jpg
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

Daily driver? Reminds me of winter 2007-8 when I drove my U500 to work every day. Had to be careful about parking and used working gears to slowly maneuver.
There’s a U turn just before arriving (at Northern Lights and Lake Otis, for those that are familiar with the area) that it had zero trouble with.
It seemed to be good for business.

DieselRanger

View attachment 746582
Picked up this about 2 weeks ago. Been a while since I posted anything here on Expo. Last time I did, I was driving a kitted out LC 100. The goal is to build this out for a DD and "escape to the mountains" rig. Yeah, it's got street wheels and tires (for now) , but the one I ordered was on the boat coming to my dealer and my son smashed my truck into three cars, so I needed something el pronto. The good folks at JLR in Las Vegas had this gently used 2020 so I bought it. I've already started modding it with the easiest upgrade ever, WeatherTech floor mats all around ?. The guys at the dealership thought it was gonna be a mall cruiser, but I've been using it for my real estate projects. I wonder what they would think if I showed up with my stilts, painting tools, cordless kit, and a trash can full of trash stowed in the cargo area...cause I've already had that stuff in there ?.
That thing will be fantastic for desert exploring - just needs wheels and tires!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles