Post pictures of your cab management ideas

ArtC2

Explorer
I am looking for ideas to better organize the interior of my truck to make it more comfortable when on the road. I built a wood box that sits between the center seat and console that works great for snacks and misc. items. I also use is it to hang a radio microphone, mount a RAM ball mount for a tablet an a wireless temp display for the Engle fridge in the back seat. I have a friend that added a cutting board for snacks behind his center armrest along with a chapstick holder on the dash.

Along the same lines I added a holder for pens and pencils and flashlights in my Hallmark popup so that I could find them quickly when needed.

I know I have just scratched the surface, what have you found that works well?

Thanks,

Art

P1060550.jpgP1060551.jpg

Attachments

• P1060552.jpg
    P1060552.jpg
    500.4 KB · Views: 255

BrianTN

Adventurer
I'm currently putting together a console by Ram. Here is the main box. It'll entirely replace the stock console. Once I install the lights, compressor, auxiliary battery and auxiliary fuel tank, I'll try to stick all of the electronics and switches and whatnot into it. I'll put my Yaesu 897d on the front as it's too big to fit inside. On the side I'll mount the Ram ball mount for an iPad. I'll be posting the progress in my build thread, here.

theksmith

Explorer
great thread idea, can't wait to see some of the cool stuff other people have done!

mine are mostly small mods, nothing too fancy yet. i did add a quick place to hold my point-n-shoot just the other day: http://offroadpassport.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25037&postcount=740

IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_0113.JPG

most of my immediate needs are attached to the door. a headlamp and small pocket knife stay in that black pocket, binoculars stay in the main door pocket and so do baby wipes usually.

P1070234.JPG

the SPOT and all other electronics have permanent homes in the dash center area.

P1070300.JPG

the passenger door pocket stays empty so that my GF or any other passenger has a place for their junk. the glovebox holds a HAM repeater mini book, a mini first aid kit with mostly misc meds in it, and a couple semi-emergency-use (trail longer than planned) granola bars. the center armrest console holds my mileage log with pen, registration/insurance, club business cards, gum, and a microfiber cloth for wiping the tablet screen. i guess i'm actually blessed with a vehicle with lots of factory storage options.

i want to make a bungee'd pocket for atlases in the sunroof recess. i never use the sunroof so that sliding interior door always stays closed anyway. i'm still trying to figure out exactly how to make it clean looking without a bunch of knots being visible. maps and atlases currently reside in the seat back pockets.

BrianTN

Adventurer
i want to make a bungee'd pocket for atlases in the sunroof recess. i never use the sunroof so that sliding interior door always stays closed anyway. i'm still trying to figure out exactly how to make it clean looking without a bunch of knots being visible. maps and atlases currently reside in the seat back pockets.

I really like this idea. Please post your results!

Stone_Blue

Adventurer
Kewl thread!

1st, Art: The right hand side of that wooden box, below the fridge display would be a nice place to mount a Maglite, using the mounts theksmith has on his door panel. Would save you from having to put holes in your interior panels. I used to have mine mounted there in my 99 Taco using the same mounts.

I currently have it mounted vertically just inside, and along the front edge of the Access door on my '00 Tundie. Unfortunately, I may have to make a velcro strap for it, as it sometimes falls off.
Which leads me to ask theksmith, does your Maglite ever fall off the door panel?

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
Tactical seat covers from CoverKing.com work great for keeping things organized and readily at hand.

I've got a major trauma first air kit, two ropes, water bottle carrier, tool kit, and duck tape on the passenger side. The driver side has spare parts, straps and hooks, tool kits, map holder, gerber multitool, and metallic speed tape.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I also built an extended center console for mounting my light control panel and other items, including my Maglight, CB radio and inverter. It also holds the fuse panel for those items.
attachment.php

nosnerd

wanna be tourist
wow wow and WOW.. so simple and very well executed..,

where can a find the clips for the mag lite?

is the pouch mounted with Velcro ????

thank you

alan

Wainiha

Explorer
Nice idea with the plywood mount. I'll be stealing that. Great ideas here. I have some Quickfists waiting for the perfect spot...

I have been thinking about 86ing the extra cab seat for storage and making my own center console. Anybody else have ideas or setups?

Wise Old Jason

Founder, Wise Old Media
Guys, I don't want to be the cold shower here, but have any of you guys ever considered the possibilities of your hardware being stolen?

I grew up in Phoenix, (The car theft capital of the galaxy), where the rule of thumb is that if you don't want it stolen, don't leave it your car. I carry this mindset until this day even though I live in a much less crime plagued area.

Mind you, I still carry a lot of gear in my truck, but when you look inside, all you see is what GM put there.

Anyone stowing their gear covertly?

BTW, (Despite my better judgement), my love for the desert will send me back to Phoenix soon.:safari-rig::REAdvRockClimber::26_16_2:

Dazrin

Adventurer
where can a find the clips for the mag lite?

You can get the mag lite clips from Amazon or probably almost anywhere else. Search for "maglite bracket". $5 to $15 average prices. I have had them in all my vehicles, mounted either to the door handle (current FZJ80) or the seat riser (my old Chevys)

east_tn_81

Adventurer
You can get the mag lite clips from Amazon or probably almost anywhere else. Search for "maglite bracket". $5 to $15 average prices. I have had them in all my vehicles, mounted either to the door handle (current FZJ80) or the seat riser (my old Chevys)

Check Ace hardware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles