Post Pic's of your Jeep

Nklekas

I'm so stoked I found this site. I mostly use my rig to camp and overland so this site is perfect.

The point of my build, with this Jeep, is a Practical Jeep that I can drive to work every day while also take it camping in the Nevada outback on the same day.
I had always wanted an LJ but being a broke college kid, a well-maintained LJ was out of the price range. I finally came across this one in late 2021 and pulled the trigger.

When I set out to buy this thing I knew I was going to have it forever and was pretty picky. The Jeep I would buy absolutely had to have these 3 things:
1. Below 100,000 miles. Preferably closer to 70,000-80,000 miles.
2. Had to have a hardtop. Where I live not only gets all 4 seasons but I do so much interstate and highway driving I wanted something more sturdy.
3. Very little, to zero frame rust.

It definitely was a bit of a long drive to pick it up in Oregon but it was worth it. It's a 2006 Auto and had all 3 of my requirements. When I bought it only had 59,000 on it. Given the car market was a joke in 2021, I paid a fairly high price for it by today's standards... However, given the cleanness of it and having all 3 of my requirements (And even a few other things I really wanted) I pulled the trigger and never looked back. I've done quite a bit of work to it already and am not even close to being done. Here are a couple of pics!

Attachments

• 84C6B161-4755-4821-9622-F294AECD13C9.jpg
    84C6B161-4755-4821-9622-F294AECD13C9.jpg
    878.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 3309F3BA-8E78-4D2C-AE69-23DEF03CDDE0.JPG
    3309F3BA-8E78-4D2C-AE69-23DEF03CDDE0.JPG
    785.1 KB · Views: 53

PCO6

Adventurer
Wow that is extremely kind of you to say! Thank you!
Only because you asked haha... First time camping/working in snow. Had to snap a pic

View attachment 770416

I tend to agree with @ZONE ZERO. That is one nice looking 2dr. JL!

Do you know the name of the colour? It's similar to JKs which I believe are "Sting Grey". I think JLs have a different name for their grey. I painted my LJ a similar colour of grey and had the JKs and JLs in mind. Jeep TJs and TJ Unlimiteds ( LJs) never came if grey. I think they would have sold well!

Side by side they appear closer in colour than in this pic.

22-11-24 1.jpg

jlr_aev

I tend to agree with @ZONE ZERO. That is one nice looking 2dr. JL!

Do you know the name of the colour? It's similar to JKs which I believe are "Sting Grey". I think JLs have a different name for their grey. I painted my LJ a similar colour of grey and had the JKs and JLs in mind. Jeep TJs and TJ Unlimiteds ( LJs) never came if grey. I think they would have sold well!

Side by side they appear closer in colour than in this pic.

View attachment 770429

Thank you!
You are correct (y) Its sting grey

howirolla

Campfire Passport
Nice!!! Looks like its been modified a bit. What do you have planned for it?
I've been wanting one of these for a while to gear up with more period-correct gear for travel.

Yeah it has a few things handled already, nice thing about that is it’s all stuff I would have done myself so it’s like I got a little head start!
End goal is more of a “crawlverlander” so it’ll be getting camping gear type setup/layout and while also focusing heavily on it being a very capable family wheelin rig.

MKKRubi

0c995b39ac48176756140695faf012f9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles