Post Pic's of your Jeep

KiwiKurt

Explorer
First trip to Moab. Met up with a friend who picked up his trailer in Salt Lake City. My setup is a simple 4x6 enclosed utility trailer that I put a 3500lb axle on flipped upside down for more clearance with some TJ Rubicon wheels and used 33” tires. I mounted the Smittybilt gen 2 RT tent to the roof and added the gen 2 annex. Temps were high 20‘s during the day and low single digits at night. My 3 kids (2 adults) slept comfortably each night. Only had 5 days there so we made the most of it for never being there before. Went on Fins and Things, Hell’s Revenge and Moab Rim trail. Spent the last 2 days hiking around Arches NP and Canyon Lands NP. Jeep is a 2020 Gladiator Rubicon with an AEV 2.5” lift, additional 3/4” spacers in the front, Warn winch, Warn wheels, 37” Nitto Trail Grapplers and Rock Slide Engineering rocker guards. After hauling my 3 daughters with all of their crap plus camping gear I will definitely be re-gearing the truck to 5.13’s ASAP View attachment 636883

awesome looking trip. I bet that AEV lift rides awesome.

im torn between 4.88 and 5.13.

Swede.

Just picked up the FSR tent yesterday and 'need' to fabricate up some stuff to hold lights on the front but are 98% expedition ready as-is.
Did a quick job and fabbed up a stainless bar for the front and mounted four Hella 500 LEDs on it. Bright enough @ 8400 lumens total and looks pretty nice I think.

Attachments

• 20210117_105234.jpg
    20210117_105234.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 35
  • 20210129_142627.jpg
    20210129_142627.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Morgan Weafer

Today provided a good opportunity to perform a shake down drive. Over the last few weeks my Jeep has been received new modifications, parts and maintenance. It's all in an effort to dial in the vehicle for an overland trip in the Canadian arctic territories and state of Alaska. Fresh tires and suspension, including Bilstein B6 struts. I began in Waiparous, AB following HWY 40 north to Caroline, AB.

IMG_2123.jpg

North bound passing Burnstick Lake, AB

IMG_2122.jpg

Looking out to the west at the Canadian Rockies

IMG_2121.jpg

Viewpoint inside Ghost Wilderness Area in Alberta

thegearshop_arb_aircompressor-1.jpg

Onboard air compressor system installed by The Gear Shop, photo provided by Richard

IMG_2125-2.jpg

Fresh pizza thanks to Burger Baron in Caroline, AB

Last edited:

Morgan Weafer

Today I returned to Saskatchewan. It's a chance to reconnect with family. I also took the opportunity to resupply from my storage unit. Selecting gear better suited to lower temperatures. Such as a winter sleeping bag. But along the way, managed a few photos. The winds across the Canadian prairies were brutal. The upside of travelling in such conditions was achieving an average of 26 MPG. Beauty.

IMG_2126.jpg

Good morning Alberta

IMG_2134.jpg

Returning home to a blustery Saskatchewan

IMG_2145.jpg

It really was windy, I swear

IMG_2147.jpg

Reed Lake Bird Tower outside of Morse, SK

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Today I returned to Saskatchewan. It's a chance to reconnect with family. I also took the opportunity to resupply from my storage unit. Selecting gear better suited to lower temperatures. Such as a winter sleeping bag. But along the way, managed a few photos. The winds across the Canadian prairies were brutal. The upside of travelling in such conditions was achieving an average of 26 MPG. Beauty.
View attachment 637699

It really was windy, I swear

Was that on January 19th when we had the snow squall? If so, yes it was crazy windy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles