Post Pic's of your Jeep

Mitch502

Explorer
Hey! Thats pretty cool to see an IAMJAKE sticker on your rig.

He has a pretty awesome channel.

Just started watching some videos of his. Makes me wish that I had been in that type of situation when I was younger...would have been a life experience.

AdventureHare

Outfitting for Adv
and this is from when I painted it polestar blue this year

Please tell me you have a badge for it... :wings:

I learned to drive a on a 245, which would have been a 144 had it not been given to my older sister ("oil? what oil?"). I'd really like a C30 to play with but my son is still in a car seat.

You need to add one of these:
C-blueyellowlo.png

PCO6

Adventurer
What engine? I missed out on a short bed with the I6 a few years ago for a cheap price and Im still regretting I missed out on it.

I dont normally like quoting with the pics, but that looks like a very clean Comanche.

I was in a XJ for maybe 6 years might have been 7 hell may have been longer, was a great Jeep, got T Boned at less then a mile from 200k miles on it, and it got narrowed by 18" by a Suburban.,

My old 94 ZJ that I gave away is still on the road with 200k+ miles, I wont lie , I was scared as **** hitting the 200K mark after the XJ T-Bone. I was in that rig for 10 years.

You have to love the 4.2/4.0 I6 engine,

Sorry for the 2am ramble, but Im feeling nostalgic about my old rigs, and that Comanche looks great.

akpostal - Sorry for the late response. I haven't been on for a while. Too busy working on my Jeeps!

It is a 1988 Renix era 2WD short box MJ with a 4.0L engine and an automatic transmission. It has 177,000 km (110,000 mi.) on it and it runs and drives perfectly. I'm in the process of acquiring the parts I need to convert it to 4WD.

I bought a 1990 XJ Laredo 4 dr. new at the end of 1989. I put 255,000 VERY ENJOYABLE kms ( 158,500 mi.) on that one before I sold it in 1995. It was also black. So in almost 30 years my Comanche has not had nearly the number of miles that I put on my Cherokee in 5 years. What's really odd is that I'm the 7th owner and none of the previous ones messed with it. Quite the opposite ... they all took very good care of it which is great considering it's a Renix model. This thing is also VERY rust free underneath.

Here's a shot of the interior. Again, not messed with at all.

picture.php

Plus a few more ...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles