Post Pic's of your Jeep

Mitch502

Explorer
I've been mostly lurking for a while... I've done nothing on the overland front but I find myself more interested in the idea as my interests are more along the lines of seeing places, fly fishing, camping, etc versus any sort of typical off road stuff. Picked up a new to me 2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited with low miles and good frame.

df6c66aae45de19d202dd8721311da9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The perfect Wrangler, IMO...

deadspot

Another awesome LJ! That looks really clean and I like the overall setup. Are those Warn bumpers? Do you have a pic of the back? So far, I've been liking the simplicity of the warn bumpers. Picked up a rusty front and rear (no carrier) bumper off craigslist for $30. I sanded down the front and painted - I think it's usable. The rear was really rusted out, especially where the nuts are welded on. But I think I can cut them out, clean up and use bolts. The only negative is I want a usable receiver for our pop-up camper we have and a) the LJ i have has a trailer hitch on it(I know isn't good for clearance) and the receiver on the warn (as most aren't) isn't rated for towing. Decisions, decisions...

My new (to me) 2006 Jeep "LJ" Rubicon:

I am fortunate to have it.

deadspot

Thanks - I'm excited about it. Crossing my fingers it's operational reliable over time. From all my research, I think it will be. But I'm selling my 2015 and I'm a bit nervous (whether justified or not) about the 2006. I think I just need to give it time. The stupid part is my 2015 has 42K miles and this 2006 has 25K... I laughed when my younger daughter got in the LJ and couldn't find the power window button.... I've never seen such a look of disgust... realizing she had to climb in the back versus how it was with the 4 door also made me chuckle...

The perfect Wrangler, IMO...

timsjeep

Looks good! What year? Curious, why the engine swap?

So its an 08 with 175k miles on it. I wanted a to buy a high mile jeep (lower purchase price) with the plan to do the LS swap. I am a fan of power. The 3.6 is ok, but I would not be happy for long so V8 it is. This 3.8 runs strong and does not leak a drop, but it will be gone soon. I plant to pull a small camper and in Colorado that means up big passes at high altitude. V8 will make this much better.

Se7en62

Adventure Seeker
Here's my 5-Speed 1997 4.0L XJ Cherokee 4x4 4-Door. It's a work-in-progress and a daily driver with 143k miles on the clock.

19756700_462582170770064_295897949186078540_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke