Post Pic's of your Jeep

jeepgc

Adventurer
9058E07E-BE35-423C-8BE5-DC29FE502B89_zpseoggzaci.jpg

That's more like it!

Goosedog

Observer
It's funny because the day after that picture was taken, my Jeep looked just as clean as the first 3 pics. People assume I don't get it dirty because it never stays dirty long enough for people to notice haha.

And BTW ...those painted steelies make yer ride the bomb, nicest original idea for a wheel-set I've seen on a jeep.

squint

Adventurer
Post up some pics! Where did you get your wheels at?

They are from Stockton. I have considered painting them a dark khaki but never got around to it..

As you know, these are extremely heavy yet extremely durable too. Coupled with a heavy tire like the Toyo, I needed a break upgrade. Have you experienced any issues with your stock brakes?

Last edited:

Espo78

Adventurer
I haven't had any brake issues on mine. I think the JK has larger brakes though, and my 33x12.5x15 Duratracs are a pretty light tire. I don't think the combo weighs much more than the factory 17's/32" tire combo.

Do you know the weight on just the wheels? Mine aren't Stockton, and they weigh 24lbs each. They are Wheels Vintique brand and I bought them from Summit. They look pretty much identical to yours though.

squint

Adventurer
I haven't had any brake issues on mine. I think the JK has larger brakes though, and my 33x12.5x15 Duratracs are a pretty light tire. I don't think the combo weighs much more than the factory 17's/32" tire combo.

Do you know the weight on just the wheels? Mine aren't Stockton, and they weigh 24lbs each. They are Wheels Vintique brand and I bought them from Summit. They look pretty much identical to yours though.

They do look the same.. I honestly don't know the weight, but I remember picking them up and they were quite heavy. Putting my spare tire back on the other day was a real chore after modifying the swing away. I get tons of compliments on my wheels too. I was at Discount Tire the other day buying a new set of Toyos and the guy said, " I am assuming you want to get rid of those old wheels as well, right?". I almost burst out laughing :sombrero: At least he really thought they were old "vintage". haha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles