Post Pic's of your Jeep

shocku992

Nice find! Your going to love the extra room in your LJ. I wouldn't give mine up for anything.
Just a tip, you might want to pull the chrome grill off and paint it black with some spray on bed liner. Then you can have the black grill, which looks great in my opinion, but you won't have messed up the paint if you ever want to take it off. That's what my father and I both did to our LJ's. It's worked great.

Oakbluffcamper

Observer
My new 1999 Cherokee

I bought this 1999 Cherokee at a local auction, It had belonged to the local Sheriffs Dept. One of the main reasons I was interested in this jeep is it was basically rust free, unusual for Illinois. My 1995 Trooper blew the tranny last summer so I was looking for a replacement. I am most interested in travel for this Jeep, I have a CJ5 for more serious stuff. So tires, small lift, roof rack off my Trooper maybe bumpers and hitch for my adventure trailer.
1-DSC_0001.JPG

wADVr

Adventurer
I bought this 1999 Cherokee at a local auction, It had belonged to the local Sheriffs Dept. One of the main reasons I was interested in this jeep is it was basically rust free, unusual for Illinois. My 1995 Trooper blew the tranny last summer so I was looking for a replacement. I am most interested in travel for this Jeep, I have a CJ5 for more serious stuff. So tires, small lift, roof rack off my Trooper maybe bumpers and hitch for my adventure trailer.
View attachment 204468

Not sure why but your post reminds me of probably my favorite XJ I owned super simple but was excellent. Was a 96 Sport, equipped with upcountry package(1" lift, full skid plates, rear LSD(that actually worked) I added factory ZJ upcountry coils and a simple 1" lift shackle to achieve a 2" lift, threw on a set of TJ Rubi take offs(30.5"), my current M4O winch bumper with M8k and it performed excellent. Went everywhere an XJ should, was very low maintenance, good economy etc.

rngrubi

Observer
posted a pic of my 06 LJ a few years ago but thought I would add an updated photo since I just installed a GR8Top and tonneau cover.

Attachments

• IMG_20140105_134750_156.jpg
    IMG_20140105_134750_156.jpg
    573.5 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20140105_140707_051.jpg
    IMG_20140105_140707_051.jpg
    562.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20140105_140757_693.jpg
    IMG_20140105_140757_693.jpg
    539.2 KB · Views: 102

jayspies

Adventurer
Yuman, do your sliders go out and then sideways? Never seen that trick before. Pretty cool. What kind/where get? Me like.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
The whole assembly slides out the the fridge slides out to the left and the second drawer slides out to the right and a 3 burner partner stove sits underneath. It works great! the stove can also be removed to use elsewhere if needed and the fridge can be taken down if necessary with ease. The lower slides a dual locking accurides and the uppers are Knape and Vogt with a push-pull locking mechanism.

Bad Karma

Adventurer
Here is my LJ that I got this summer. (and my Scrambler)
Want to replace the factory grey fenders with black ones and paint the hard top black.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles