Post Pic's of your Jeep

borison

Adventurer
Thanks, motivation was mostly that I wanted a more all purpose size than the stock 215/60r17 that was great for mpg and responsiveness but wasn't going to absorb rough roads well and had fewer all terrain tire choices.
While I'm not super into vanity we all like aesthetics to some extent so these offered ready availability, mechanical compatibility (needed a set of hub rings), low cost, size and offset appropriate for the vehicle and incidentally the gold and polished aluminium I think looks a lot sharper than the factory black wheels with a dark red car. Win all around. The diameter is about 6% larger than stock and I used a software tool to correct the speedometer accordingly. I'm hoping meticulous transmission oil changes make up for the small increase in average load the trans will see. The tires also effect about a 0.8" increase in ground clearance and thanks to the short overhangs at both ends a nice boost in approach and departure angles.

I'm in Spokane these days, formerly Arizona
Makes it look a little upscale. Spokane here too.

gethin

We have been using my 03 TJ Rubicon with a camping trailer, and the 2 Door just was a pain for us with a family of four. It's lasted well. My girls are 6 and 8 now and it's too much of a tight squeeze for our camp trips.

The Dozer yellow JKU Sahara now ours! It was a show truck for Cap-It customs, so has all the toys. F/R ARB's 4.88 Yukon Gears Gobi rack, ARB Awning and drawer system in back, ORF bumpers and skids etc. 2012 with only 79K on it. JW lights front and rear. Rotopax on swingout. Marine carpet inside the hard top too which is nice. Minty fresh condition. OME 4" lift and solid control arms. Fuel 20" rims and Mickey Thompson 37" tires. FOX steering shock.

IMG_5145.JPG

Jpfan

This is my first time running that brand on a 4wd, off pavement and I have only had them on dry hard soil so far, no winters or extended trips yet.

On the highway I find their all-terrain-tire "whurrrr" noise inoffensive, they do make a sound but it's more comparable to the rush of air than a buzz or whine. The tire shop didn't seem to have to put much weight on to balance them and the ride at highway speeds is glass smooth. I do not find them hunting or darting on drainage grooves or other irregularities on the pavement. If their highway character remains the same throughout their life cycle I will regard that aspect of the tire as good, certainly not any worse than any other all terrain tire and better than some.

On this vehicle I went from a 215/60R17 to a 235/75R15 so I cannot rightly comment on its responsiveness as the change will be more about size differences than qualities represented by the tire itself.

Thanks, appreciate the feedback!

Blue Baby Sound

A guy with a Jeep
enhance

enhance

enhance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles