Post Pic's of your Jeep

Octotat

Observer
112.jpg
What front bumper is that?

It's a bumper a friend and I made from plans. The plans (with CAD language) come from Flatland 4x4. They make plans for front and rear bumpers, and gas tank skid plates. I believe they have them for WJs in addition to ZJs.

Last edited:

K2ZJ

Explorer
That was my guess. How do you like the fitment on the 93-95? In 96 they changed the front grill, that is why it drops down under the grill on yours. Any tips tricks or changes you would make? I am planning on making one from those plans, but if I can make changes ahead of time I will.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Annual roadtrip

008_zps5bba7bd8.jpg

181_zps6b8293d0.jpg

Octotat

Observer
That was my guess. How do you like the fitment on the 93-95? In 96 they changed the front grill, that is why it drops down under the grill on yours. Any tips tricks or changes you would make? I am planning on making one from those plans, but if I can make changes ahead of time I will.

Fitment on my 95 was perfect. If I were to do it again, I would have printed out a better picture of the exploded bumper. It was like putting together a Chinese puzzle.. Barely tack peices together as you assemble, you will have to grind some peices off as they weren't the correct ones for that spot. Start at the two main pieces that go into the frame, and work out from there. 134.jpg141.jpg

UnlimiDozer

Observer
Sorry Andrew, I'm not sure if that was a serious question. (It gets asked and answered pretty often, so you could be just pulling our collective legs.) forgive me if I missed the joke.

The Magnuson-Moss Act prohibits a dealer from denying a warranty claim on the basis of aftermarket equipment unless the dealer (or company) can prove that the aftermarket equipment caused or contributed to the failure. Here's a decent resource: http://www.zabteck.com/MagnusonMossWarrantyAct.pdf, but I would also recommend doing a web search to find out all you can about your rights and responsibilities.

Obviously you can't expect your dealer to warranty aftermarket parts, so you're depending on AEV's warranty for their suspension (if that's the way you end up going) and after it expires, you're on your own. But if you have a head failure and your dealer refuses the warranty claim because you have lifted your Jeep, then you have a legal claim against them under Magnuson-Moss if you want to pursue it. Under that hypothetical, I certainly would!

We should probably move this discussion to another thread or PM. Kind of a hijack of the "Post your pictures" thread. Apologies to all/any who were annoyed by the discussion.

Acerwin

Adventurer
UnlimiDozer,

Thanks for the all help that you have gave me.

Sorry to those who I annoyed for asking those questions.

NC06LJ

Adventurer
Beach Camping...........

Testing out the "new to me" Cascadia RTT. Im always surprised how easy it is to set this thing up!

Attachments

• Beach 1.jpg
    Beach 1.jpg
    540.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Beach 2.jpg
    Beach 2.jpg
    519 KB · Views: 66
  • Beach 3.jpg
    Beach 3.jpg
    520.1 KB · Views: 65

Forum statistics

Threads