Post Pics of Your Hard Side Camper!

greg mgm

Explorer
Let's get a thread going with lots of pics of hard sided campers.

I'll start....I bought my first hard side camper in the early 80's. I found it in Simi Valley just down the street from me. I can't remember the year, but it's a 70's Gold Coast 10 1/2'. It was pretty basic (stove, oven, ice box) and had no shower/ bath. I used it quite a few times...especially at Kings Canyon and Sequoia Nat'l Park-
GoldcoastCamper.jpg

GoldcoastCamper3.jpg

Wanting an upgrade (including bath/ shower) I sold the Gold Coast and bought a 9' Pilgrim. It was perfect for me at the time and had a bath/ shower, stove, heater and fridge, and I really liked that it didn't hang off the back as far. This one went all over....including Lake Powell and again Sequoia and Kings Canyon.
PilgrimCamper.jpg

It's been years since I owned those campers. The Pilgrim was eventually sold and replaced with a 4 Wheel pop up, then a Starcraft pop up...but now I'm camperless!

Post up your pics and stories. :victory:

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
Here's a pic of our 1999 Bigfoot C2500 10.6 "parked" at Natural Bridges N.M. We spent a week there at Thanksgiving a few years ago. As we sat around the fire after Thanksgiving dinner it began to snow. Before we turned in the world had pretty much turned white, and this is what we woke up to the next morning.

533129278_xHLRr-L.jpg

Quasimoto

Observer
Here my 1985 Bigfoot 9.5' on 1979 GMC 2500.
Great tow unit.
CamperandJeep1.jpg

CamperandJeep2.jpg

This is my first camper and although I still like tenting and rough camping, it sure is nice to have heat, running water, bug screens and the most important thing; a Washroom.
:)

It gets used just about every long weekend in the spring, summer and fall.

Last edited:

secrets

Pullman Sliding Camper

Modern Surf Gypsy Travel:
60's Pullman Sliding Camper on 1995 F 150 4 WD, 1/2 ton down in Northern Baja California...

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 730

INSAYN

Adventurer
2005 Snowriver 810 on our '97 F350 PSD 4x4.
We start camping each year on Superbowl weekend up in the snow at Diamond Lake, Oregon and continue to camp several times each month all the way till Thanksgiving.
After the Thanksgiving camping trip we take the camper off the truck till just before Superbowl.

img0563ga3.jpg

IMG_4625.jpg

And the sand.
img2463bx5.jpg

img2457tf7.jpg

img10037pp.jpg

Gives us the option to take the boat on camping trips as well.
img2488no9.jpg

img3540ll0.jpg

img2502fv0.jpg

Last edited:

INSAYN

Adventurer
Hey! No baja bug in your pics??!! :sombrero::sombrero::sombrero:

This one?
BajaCrazyEriksCamera016%28Small%29.jpg

Craig-jump04.jpg

No more baja bug. T'was stolen from my place back in 2007. :mad:
In 2010, I sold off all my VW stuff to put it behind me. That little car had some serious character though!

Here is the crappy day finding it, stripped down to it's undies. :Wow1:
img3526hc0.jpg

Yes that dead dear stunk! The eyeball socket was full of bees!
img3529fg7.jpg

img3528kv0.jpg

When my son gets closer to driving age, I'm sure we'll build something new that is VW related, and worthy of flying. :victory:

samuraiowner

93 ford with 2007 sun-light trying to out run A blackbird!:) at the air and space center in Alabama

Attachments

• rsz_12011_vacation_028.jpg
    rsz_12011_vacation_028.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 359

sarconcepts

Adventurer
bring them in as an attachment, then hit 'preview post'
when you see the post, scroll down till you see the full toolbar then click on 'attachments' again. it will ask if you want to insert all attachments, click on that.
it automatically puts them on top, but you can scroll down to see the text, grab the

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles