Post Pics of Your Hard Side Camper!

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
My '97 F350 4x4 Powerstroke with '06 Lance 1055. I bought these both used, separately back in 2014. With an extended receiver hitch, I have towed my 80 Series Land Cruiser to TLCA and ROF events for a base camp or for just comfortable camping on away from home day wheeling trips.
View attachment 632901
View attachment 632902

I've made a few mods to the camper to suit my purposes. Since I couldn't have the newer Ford extending mirrors on the truck, I opted to fab up a pair of camper mounted rear views.
View attachment 632903
View attachment 632904

Also, I wanted to carry a fullsize spare and not in the OEM location - under the bed which would be almost impossible to reach with the camper on the truck. So I designed a swingarm style after picking up an adequate hub from the awesome crew at the MetalTech plant in Newberg, OR. This hub supports a full width MetalTech swing arm with spare tire and jerry cans that MetalTech made(at that time - 2015) for an FJ Cruiser, so I figured it would work for my purposes. I took the hub and my design to the local machine shop in John Day and they fabbed it up for me. I can also mount this swingarm assy in the receiver on my front bumper, which I have done in cooler weather.
View attachment 632906
View attachment 632907
View attachment 632908
Do you have an add a leaf or custom spring packs fore and aft? That looks heavy.

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
Do you have an add a leaf or custom spring packs fore and aft? That looks heavy.
I bought the truck used and it looks to have the stock 1997 F350 supension. I added Firestone "Ride-Rite" air bags for the rear leafs, purchased at a Les Schwab tire center in Bend, OR. You're right, though. The 11' Lance is a heavy camper, but the F350 is a capable truck.

Luckychase5

Adventurer
37436423737f701de3f33ecead7bd187.jpg

acc9f957e78a52d146fe747be3d338ae.jpg

2015 Adventurer 86FB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@kodiak-black - do you have, or plan to have, a build thread for your truck and camper combo? It looks great.

Are you running 37's and, if so, what are you doing for a spare? I've wondered if you could fit a Rigd supply tire carrier on the back of a Ram carrying a Liberty, to carry a 37. Was guessing not, given the Liberty is 84" long and the RAM bed is only 76" but your side/profile picture of the camper makes it look like a "maybe."

kodiak-black

Observer
@kodiak-black - do you have, or plan to have, a build thread for your truck and camper combo? It looks great.

Are you running 37's and, if so, what are you doing for a spare? I've wondered if you could fit a Rigd supply tire carrier on the back of a Ram carrying a Liberty, to carry a 37. Was guessing not, given the Liberty is 84" long and the RAM bed is only 76" but your side/profile picture of the camper makes it look like a "maybe."

Thanks it is a work in progress. I am running 35's which I felt are plenty big for my needs. Plus I have a motorcycle rail the plugs into the hitch I plan to use. I really can't have my truck any higher when getting my dual sport on the carrier.

Otherwise I am running some Torklift stable loads and some Airlift airbags for the suspension. There's a 2 inch level kit using a block in the rear and new front springs. Bilstein 5100's shocks all the way around.

The Liberty is pretty standard. I nixed the the AC, upgraded the fridge to a DC only fridge and also added a second wardrobe on the drivers side in place of the TV stand configuration. I will be adding 200 watts of solar and a DC to DC charger for my lithium battery.

Ask away if I left anything out that you're curious about.

Mwm13

New to the site and camper scene. Some wicked set ups on here! He’s my 1995 Bigfoot 9.5 on my 2002 F-350. The truck was my old work truck but it’s been retired to camper hauling duties now.

Attachments

• FEA1AED0-34DA-46F9-853F-EB0548AD2D2D.jpeg
    FEA1AED0-34DA-46F9-853F-EB0548AD2D2D.jpeg
    641.5 KB · Views: 35

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles