Post Pics of Your Hard Side Camper!

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
What do you use for a jack in the event of a flat? I bought a brand new one of these awhile back.
I use a 20-ton bottle jack (manual & air powered) and made my own adapters as that way I can lift the axles (front Dana 70HD has round tubes, rear Dana 110 has square tubes) and with a longer adapter, I can lift the frame if necessary. I also made a bottom plate for the jack to sit on for more ground contact area and to make it easier to slide into place. So I pretty much stole was inspired by Safe Jacks ideas, but adapted for my specific Fat-Pig (15k curb weight - C4500 Kodiak) needs

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
After waiting too long for an AEV rear bumper, I Just added an Expedition One rear bumper to my Ram 2500 with Callen Camper. This thing is stout!

I love my AEV front setup, but I'm glad I bought this thing!

I've had three Callens. Did you buy that when the new buyer made a go of it?

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
My '97 F350 4x4 Powerstroke with '06 Lance 1055. I bought these both used, separately back in 2014. With an extended receiver hitch, I have towed my 80 Series Land Cruiser to TLCA and ROF events for a base camp or for just comfortable camping on away from home day wheeling trips.
IMG_0422 (2)a.JPG
IMG_0425a (2).JPG

I've made a few mods to the camper to suit my purposes. Since I couldn't have the newer Ford extending mirrors on the truck, I opted to fab up a pair of camper mounted rear views.
IMG_0425 (2).JPG
IMG_1164 (2).JPG

Also, I wanted to carry a fullsize spare and not in the OEM location - under the bed which would be almost impossible to reach with the camper on the truck. So I designed a swingarm style after picking up an adequate hub from the awesome crew at the MetalTech plant in Newberg, OR. This hub supports a full width MetalTech swing arm with spare tire and jerry cans that MetalTech made(at that time - 2015) for an FJ Cruiser, so I figured it would work for my purposes. I took the hub and my design to the local machine shop in John Day and they fabbed it up for me. I can also mount this swingarm assy in the receiver on my front bumper, which I have done in cooler weather.
IMG_1039 (2).JPG
IMG_0866a.JPG
IMG_0869a.JPG

Camper has been sold as of 5-6-22.

Last edited:

Ducstrom

Did some winter camping and ice fishing for the new year.
I think mine counts as a hardside since there is no fabric for the popup section yet so we only use it with the top down.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210103-201136.png
    Screenshot_20210103-201136.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
(y)

50991360336_7534508f8c_h.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members