Post Pics of Your Hard Side Camper!

bugeyetex

Observer
I am driving a 2014 Ram 3500 Cummins these days (came from a '98 12 valve). Fuel economy is about the same. I have to say, as much as I hate the EGR etc, that the system on my truck has been no issue. I can get almost 20 mpg out of a modified 8500 lb truck if I drive it smooth and steady at 65. That's great in my opinion. With my camper on, I only get 11-12, but it is close to 4000 pounds wet, and has a high cabover. I just factory ordered a Northern Lite 9-6 Classic which I'm hoping saves me 5-600 lbs, and maybe gains a couple of mpgs through better aerodynamics.

Be glad you bought a 2014 and not the 2013. They made programming changes in 2014 to bring up the fuel economy. Most 12-13s are lucky to see 14 mpg unloaded. My personal recommendation is to run the egr crap till it fails out of warranty, then delete it (unless you don't like warranties). Be warned that your truck requires an EGR cleaning every 65k miles(ish) that will run you close to a grand at a decent dealership.

BACK TO THE CAMPERS---

spent an hour and a half last night with a bucket full of hot water and vinegar with a rag wiping down the whole inside of the camper. EWWWW..... smells better this morning though. I really want to reupholster this thing. Where do they find these hideous patterns? The bargain bin at Joann fabrics in 1992?

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I really want to reupholster this thing. Where do they find these hideous patterns? The bargain bin at Joann fabrics in 1992?

That's one reason why I decided to build my own. I was not interested in an interior that looked like grandma's house.

bugeyetex

Observer
Pappa- I read your build thread a while ago and am jealous of your truck (sans fuel consumption), camper and occupation. You are doing something right my friend.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Pappa- I read your build thread a while ago and am jealous of your truck (sans fuel consumption), camper and occupation. You are doing something right my friend.

Thanks, I wish it would move faster. I always remember a poster that hung in my friend's print shop. You want it good,... You want it fast,... You want it cheap,... Pick two and call me back. :)

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
2003 Taco V6 4x4 with 1994 Bigfoot c-6.11 (near Waterton Lakes Nat'l Park, Alberta, Can.):
View attachment 363787

TreeGo, do you happen to have or know the dimensions and weight of your camper? I'm looking at potentially buying one of these, or maybe a comparable Northern Lite or Somerset, but still working out if it will fit in my truck (Bigfoot didn't have any info to offer). Also, did you do any modifications to your rear suspension to handle the weight? Thanks!

thedavidzoo

2014 Ram and 2017 Northstar 12' STC - Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia

c440c1b4-c278-42f3-b5b0-0ca1c1b504e8_zpsbeieeeln.jpg

TreeGo

Hey NorthernWoodsman. Sorry for the late reply...

I posted most of the specs on your other thread (with a few more pics). I have the 6'2" (74") bed in my Taco and the BF 6-11 fits in perfectly between the wheel wells. Not sure about the actual dimensions, but the BF 6-11s and Northern Lite 6-10s were basically made for import trucks like the first gen. Taco. As I previously posted, I installed some Timbren SESs, to help with rear sag, and would highly recommend them. They are around $250 Cdn. This link will take you to the distributor:

http://www.tdotperformance.ca/timbr...tem-weight-capacity-6000-lbs-rear-axle-s.html

Those are the ones I bought for my Taco. Took about a week to ship them from Ontario to Alberta.

When I get home I will measure the dimensions of the BF and let you know on the other thread you started...

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
MTNMOBl,
Whoa, there is no end to that camper! Was that a 14 foot? It doesn't even fit in the frame. Is there enough wheel travel to interfere with the rear fender openings? Are those 37's? Do you have 427, 430 or 488 gears? Impressive rig alright.
jefe

berg

Observer
1974 Lazy Daze

1974 or 76.. cant recall but a Lazy Daze and sorta rare
My dad ordered in brand new from Lazy Daze..
hard to believe its 42 years old...
sittin on a 96 F350 4x4..
Im thinkin of getting something shorter and lighter.. this baby weighs 10K ..4500 on the camper.. pic is last month

Attachments

• 20160901_185029.jpg
    20160901_185029.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 20160901_185016.jpg
    20160901_185016.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Doc Foster

Adventurer
1974 or 76.. cant recall but a Lazy Daze and sorta rare
My dad ordered in brand new from Lazy Daze..
hard to believe its 42 years old...
sittin on a 96 F350 4x4..
Im thinkin of getting something shorter and lighter.. this baby weighs 10K ..4500 on the camper.. pic is last month
That looks amazing for a camper that old. NICE!

MTNMOBL

Very nice rig, any interior photos??
I can send some interior photos if you want. This camper is really just a fill in until we get our custom camper built. We will be taking off the flat bed and the camper and building onto the frame. We ordered a box from Total Composites in Canada (see user Victorian) we will be building everything else ourselves. It does look a little funny right now but it wont for long.......
The camper is a 20 year old coachman, side entry. But it sleeps 4 people which is what we need it to do right now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles